Idi Advantage Bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight once bubbled...
Since the usual suspects are trying to ...

Monty Python: "And now for something completely different."

... but it might not be for a big guy who dives wet in cold water with a 120.

Don't dive wet steel.

For extra lift...

Actually, as close as possible, I started with backplates (or rather: as close as probable). My LDS doesn't train in backplates, nor does it sell/rent them, so I went through a few dives with jackets before I was able to afford a BP/wing setup. My happiness with the setup has only grown. I've dove it in T-shirts, and in 7mm wetsuits.

I don't like the implication of the BP crowd trying to give a "hard sell". I don't think any of us would measurably profit by a recommendation on this board, so if we seem a bit... zealous, it might be for a good reason.

jeff

Fetch once bubbled...

I don't like the implication of the BP crowd trying to give a "hard sell". I don't think any of us would measurably profit by a recommendation on this board, so if we seem a bit... zealous, it might be for a good reason.

jeff

Like too much nitrogen.

I have been diving with an older IDI for about five years. It has been a bit of a love/hate affair. It has lots of straps and such that are annowing and complecated but once it is set up it is not bad. It is a little hard to get on with a crouded boat, but feels pretty good in the water. More than enough lift and plenty of rings.
My only complaint is putting it on and taking it off and the velcro weight pockets, and that it looks cheep.
I don't know about you but for me the price of a BC is a pretty big investment and you really don't want to have to do it over in a year or two because you wanted to save money up front. As Snap On tools say "why cry twice". Shop around and be sure you really like whatever you buy.
If money is a problem concider buying a used unit. Many Dive shops have sells on good used equipment and will usually have it checked and inspected for you.

The idi advantage on ebay that is around 150 usd is maybe what he look, i am looking for an bcd since the last month, and search on ebay help me to know the average prices and the most wanted bcd, i start with a pro qd on 1999 and keep the jacket style for around 10 years, then my belly grow and found an older cruise that was my perfect bc till 2012 , but the comments hurt sometimes and i bought a seasoft that now starts to lose air by delamintion and is how i saw the idi on ebay at auction that starts a 149, a bcd selection is llike a shoe selection,it may look freat but you must try.

From what I remember IDI went out of business about a decade ago. Their BCs have decent build quality, so it should be ok provided it was not abused and stored properly. BCs are a pretty personal decision, more so than regulators. You may love the BC or may hate it. There is really no way of telling unless you dive it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom