If I should die while diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP, you are truly "the Voice of Reason" as you claim. Thank you for sharing your wise words with us all. I'm sure they will be quoted again and again as situations come up.

I just want to become a reef.

If I should die while diving, divvy up my gear among my friends and leave my body down there for the crabs. I figure, I've enjoyed them often enough ... payback's only fair ... :browsmile

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I would just add:

If I should die while diving . . . don't sue anybody! I knew and gladly accepted the risks involved. I will surely come back to haunt you if you disregard this request.

theskull

theskull:
I would just add:

If I should die while diving . . . don't sue anybody! I knew and gladly accepted the risks involved. I will surely come back to haunt you if you disregard this request.

theskull
Bingo.

I read this to my wife the first time I saw it, but I'm adding the "no sue" addendum.

And please give complete amnesty to my buddy, so he will speak frankly of the event without fear or recourse or slander.

UP: Well written, and THANK YOU.

I'd add the "don't sue" clause, and, in the buddy clause, change "will probably" to
"may". There are a substantial fraction of diving deaths that are "deaths while diving"
and there's not a darn thing the buddy can do.

One of the biggest problems with diving is that the annual death rate is low enough that
it hasn't really been analyized to death. With automobiles, we all know stuff like don't
drive drunk, etc. With diving, we don't get that analysis. The DAN annual report is
a step in that direction, but doesn't really go far enough.

Rick Inman:
Bingo.

I read this to my wife the first time I saw it, but I'm adding the "no sue" addendum.

And please give complete amnesty to my buddy, so he will speak frankly of the event without fear or recourse or slander.

Those are exactly the modifications I had in mind, Rick.

The funny thing is, I take so much comfort reading this and remembering recently loss friends. I know this was at least they way one of them felt!!!! Thank you UP for sharing! Very nicely done!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom