If you could only have one tank, what would it be?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Faber LP 95s, X7-100s, steel 72s and AL 72s. But if I had to have only one size tank for everything, it would have to be an AL 80 or AL 72) as nothing else is really suitable for stage diving, and without the ability to augment you gas with a 2-3 stages, your diving is going to be really limited.

Now, if you bend the rules and allow the AL 80 as a stage in addition to the one tank size you get for your primary gas, then it starts to get interesting.

X7-100s would be high on the list.

Faber steel LP85! Overfilled to 3500 gives you 112cf in a really handy size! Plus the awesome buoyancy characteristics of a steel tank!

JohnnyO
------------
"What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?"

Faber 12.2L 232 bar tanks. I always get confused translating to your tanks, I think that's maybe an LP100? (it's 100CF but not sure if you consider 3370 PSI HP or LP).
They work well as both singles and doubles, and are the standard tanks around here so team gas management is a bit easier.

They also do a 300Bar 12.2L (4350PSI for 130 CF) but I find them a bit heavy.

My recommendation for most people would be a an HP100 from Worthington. I have a set of HP100 singles I use for loaners. For myself I prefer my HP130's. The weight doesn't effect me much, and my Freedom Plate and harness are comfortable.

High pressure fills are not a problem round here.

If it truly is only one tank then I'd pick my HP 130 for those dives I really want all that gas. But for overall versatility my HP 100 is great.

If I could only own one single tank, it would be an HP130. I don't necessarily want to dive them for all my recreational diving, but only a 130 gives me all the options that I have with that much gas.

For 90% of my diving, an HP100 would be nicer to haul around, nicer to wear, and adequate gas. But you did say only ONE tank.

If I could have (and not buy) one tank, I would choose for it to be a pure platinum 150. Nah, that would be greedy, 120. I would stick it on my mantle as the centerpiece and continue to rent at my destination. :D

:zen:

Looks like the hp 100's are the most desirable. 7 inch tank and even shorter than an 80 if Im not mistaken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom