If You Could Replace 1 Piece of Gear . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Black Diamond for something a little more versital. Not that the BD isn't a good BC, but I wish to expand my horizons and I do not think that it will allow me to do so. Thus, looking at a wing and back plate setup, like X-tek, transpac II, etc.

A selection of regs and dedicated tanks.

A boat big enough to take on the Great Lakes.

A HID setup.

I would like to replace my Sea & Sea profile 1000 computer with a new Suunto Vyper (wrist mount).
My Sea & sea is about 7 years old, time to update.
(Are you listening Santa, I truly have been a very good boy)

Fergy
(Downunder) :wink:

My Mares Expedition with a new Zeagle Ranger. Maybe Santa will come by my house early. :tree:Bob

I'd replace my piece of crap Dacor octo. My Apeks primary no longer wants to be associated with such a piece of junk.

Why on earth would you need 34 lbs. of lead? I dive the local Dallas area with 0-8 lbs. depending on wetsuit. I dive tropical in full 3mm with 10 lbs.

My biggest complaint is my BCs have too much lift. My Ranger has 44lbs. of lift. I barely squirt any air in it and the wings flap in the breeze.

Stop by some time and lets do a real weight check.

Originally posted by scorpiofish
I dive the local Dallas area ....
Oh you do, eh???

Then how come ya not joining up with us swampsters, eh???

Check with Natasha about our next do on Saturday, Nov. 24th. And we are organizing a dry suit class if you are interested in that.

I recently replaced my dacor sportster with a dive rite transpac II and my goodness, what a difference. It's like trading in a yugo for a mercedes benz. But next purchase is going to be a dry suit. The waters in NJ are CCCOOOOLLDDDDD :cold: so I'm trading in my 6.5mm wet suit for a dry suit.

NJDiver_34

Originally posted by scorpiofish
I'd replace my piece of crap Dacor octo. My Apeks primary no longer wants to be associated with such a piece of junk.

Why on earth would you need 34 lbs. of lead? I dive the local Dallas area with 0-8 lbs. depending on wetsuit. I dive tropical in full 3mm with 10 lbs.

My biggest complaint is my BCs have too much lift. My Ranger has 44lbs. of lift. I barely squirt any air in it and the wings flap in the breeze.

Stop by some time and lets do a real weight check.

What can I say I am a very bouyant person. Some people sink, some people float barely, I could raise the titanic all by myself.

Wish I weren't so bouyant!

Back
Top Bottom