If You Could Replace 1 Piece of Gear . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My cheap dive light with a cannister HID light.

I would like to have some new open heel fins (possibly Tusa Zoom splits) and some new booties. Walking down to the waters edge over rocks barefoot with my rig on my back gets to be a pain (pardon the pun). Not really a trade because I love my full boot hotpink Snorkel Pro fins! They ain't no Cadillacs but I love 'em. I'll keep those things forever! Great for boat trips or snorkelling or diving from sandy beaches in warmer water when no foot insulation is needed. Also, I might like to have one of those color correcting masks. Again, I wouldn't trade out my U.S. Divers Hawaii 1 mask. The mask and fins are both about 5 or 6 years old and I've had no problems with either of them. I wouldn't replace any of the rest of my setup, either. I'd only add to it. I love all the gear I purchased and wouldn't change a thing...thanks to all the good advice I got here on the board before I purchased my setup. :wink:

After reading through most of these one or two thoughts come to mind.

1) Many of us are impulse buyers which the LDS love I am sure as do online shops because we don't think through what we are going to buy, but buy more what strikes our fancy

2) Before buying anything we should take a bit of time and think on how it is going to look in our backup pile 2 years from now hehehehe.

Except for Tom, with a 10 year old BC he probably doesn't have to big of a collection hehehehe. But I know now that he is lusting after a nice new shiny model!

my dive sherpa................he is a decrepit old man...always wanting to sit down and take abreak.........................hehe

Let's see, if I could change one thing it would probably be my wetsuit for a dry suit(if money is no object). The lakes and river here get mighty cold from Oct to May.

I'd replace my wetsuit with a drysuit!

Scott

Thanks to you people and these Boards, I don't have any equipment that I'd want to replace.I'm happy with the choices I've made. I am grateful for the opportunity to do a lot of my research here.

However I would like to add a Drysuit to my collection of gear!! :D:

Tavi

Well...I only recently bought my gear but at some point I will replace my Zeagle Octo+ with an Apeks TX40 or TX50 second stage.

I'm with Tavi - happy with my choices so far, OK I have 3 BC's, 4 suits and numerous regs but they all have their place.

When I go back to the UK though I will be paying a visit to O Three to get a compressed neoprene dry suit, but in the meantime I think I'll spend my money on holiday destinations for a few years and replace kit that I lose.......

Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom