If you're offended by "DIR"...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, that is the most convincing argument about why they are unnecessary. But hardly warranting the term 'suicide wing', or 'bungeed wings of death'

I think it's just because it's easier than saying "bungied air mattresses of inconvenience" ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I think it's just because it's easier than saying "bungied air mattresses of inconvenience" ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:rofl3: Actually that would be a lot more fun though :D

Well, it is the preferred wing at the Neutral Buoyancy Lab for the divers at NASA. They have so many hours and so much chlorine, they are all this sickly shade of yuck. They can wear the Bungeed Air Mattress of Inconvenience, or some variety of stab jacket. No Dive-Rite, Dive-Right, Dive Right In Scuba, or Dive Wrong allowed.

Well, it is the preferred wing at the Neutral Buoyancy Lab for the divers at NASA. They have so many hours and so much chlorine, they are all this sickly shade of yuck. They can wear the Bungeed Air Mattress of Inconvenience, or some variety of stab jacket. No Dive-Rite, Dive-Right, Dive Right In Scuba, or Dive Wrong allowed.

Nobody ever said Government agencies make good decisions. :D

The only Dive Rite piece of gear I have is a reel and the only thing I use it for is doing searches. Every time I pull it out of my bag my business partner the captain starts laughing at me because I start swearing even before I get it out of my bag and I don’t stop swearing until I'm done with the dive and I throw it back in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom