Ikelite DS125 modeling light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After only having done one 45 minute pool dive with DS125 out of the box, I have had to replace the modeling light bulb. Yeah, I had the modeling light on pretty much throughout the dive but replacing this soon is odd. The folks at Helix agreed. On average, how often do you folks who dive this strobe replace your bulbs? I packed a couple extra for next weeks dives in Curacao but the strobe may find itself taking an extended vacation back to Ikelite should this recur.

I have that same strobe and have taken several hundred pictuers and have not had to replace the bulb. With that said, I am ordering a spare buld once I finish typing. Usually that stuff only happens to me...

http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/arm_1comps.html

Take a look at the mini C mounting bracket in the bottom left hand corner. If you use a flashlight for a modeling light you won't have to use the one on the strobe. It will extend your battery lif a LOT. I never use the modeling lights on my DS-125s.

I have 300 odd dives with my DS-125 and about 40-50 of those were night dives. I always used the DS-125 modeling light as my light source for night dive but not as focus light during the day. So far so good, on problem with light bulb so far.

use as a night light for aout 35 night dives..so far no problem..carry a back up light )mini c on a brass clip on bcd in case we need it .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom