I'm back!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank, nice to meet you, I'm Ellen, my husband Dan and I are leaving on the 6th of May. Like to hear about the bull shark you saw and how the currents were on Tormentos.

The currents on Tormentos weren't too bad. The rest of the reefs, it was cooking right along, though. There was a spot in the middle of the dive, that it kicked up pretty high and just flew us along at what felt like 3-5 mph, and then it relented towards the end of the dive. It was great....

The bull shark wasn't all that big and he was there and gone before I got a chance to give him a good look. Like I said, I think it was on Yucab or San Francisco wall...

I hope you and Dan have a wonderful time, Ellen. Pleased to meet you. :)

I LOVE it when you get on a dive and the current is just RIPING. It is like flying to me....not that I would like it EVERY dive, but once or twice a trip is a ++++ for me! :) Even if we run out of reef, it is still a BLAST! hehehe

I agree, Brules! (Once I quit trying to fight it...) I'm pretty sure it was on Tormentos, but we were FLYING down this strip between two coral heads that looked like a dirt road because of the sand. The DM adopted a Superman flying pose, and I crossed my legs and put my hands on my knees like I was doing Yoga or Zen. FWOOOSH!!!! What a ride!! We were crackin' up at each other.

Tormentos is where I have had my best *ride*. Close to 3 knots or so per the DM. If you found a way to stop and turned your head crosswise to the current it would start to pull off your mask and it was yanking on my regulator. Loved it though!

Brules:
I LOVE it when you get on a dive and the current is just RIPING. It is like flying to me....not that I would like it EVERY dive, but once or twice a trip is a ++++ for me! :) Even if we run out of reef, it is still a BLAST! hehehe

Tunich seems to always have a good clip. Weeeeeeeeee

Fish_Whisperer:
I don't remember. I'll have to check my logbook. It was one of the shallow reefs, but just over the top of one of the walls. Yucab, maybe...

Frank I think Yucab was were I saw the bull shark. I would have to check my log as well, but with 2 of us thinking the same place chances are it is the right place.

Hi by the way... :D

My anticipation grows with every report that I read. I'm gonna make myself crazy?!?!

Glad you had a good time, and got home safely. See ya 'round the board.........

Back
Top Bottom