I'm Concerned! Oceanic VT PRO question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djanni:
I assume you would not be concerned using the VT Pro?

I would happy to use a VT Pro (although I have never used one), but with any AI computer (using a transmitter) I ALWAYS have a backup SPG. The only two AI computers (with wireless transmitters) I have used are the Cochran Gemini and the Oceanic Atom and I have NEVER had any transmitter/link problems with these two, but I still think that a backup SPG is a good idea.

I have used an Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus and a Suunto Cobra on many dives (not at the same time). Both the Oceanic and the Suunto functioned flawlessly every time but I personally prefer the more intuitive (and larger screened) Oceanic.

sharpenu:
One thing, though- approach your computer's limits slowly and cautiously. Be sure you are familiar with it before you try deco.

I'm sorry, but I find this part of the above post to be a bit irresponsible. Regarding deco, the proper training, procedures (including gas management) and equipment are paramount to safe decompression diving.

I would not recommend anyone venturing purposely or "accidentally" into deco without the proper training or equipmet, no matter how well they knew their computer.

Incidentally, among decompression trained divers, "standard" dive computers are often far from the ideal deco schedule to follow in planned decompression. Most will utilize software that was specifically designed with decompression in mind, such as V-Planner.

Back
Top Bottom