I'm done with teaching. It's time.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be imaginative mate and put something in there such as:

Thanks very much again Jim as I still cherish my copy of your first diving manual issue 9

knowone

and I still enjoy recollecting our lovely phone conversation from ten years ago

Be imaginative mate and put something in there such as:

Thanks very much again Jim as I still cherish my copy of your first diving manual issue 9
I did 13 Sept.

Enjoy your retirement from active instructor, more power to you for knowing "it's Time".:thumb:
I must dig out that manual again [packed it a box from my last move].
Thanks mate.

I know the agency requires that you keep records for 7 years. I am not sure you are required to be insured for 7 years. I think that is a strong recommendation because you have to be insured when the lawsuit occurs. The fact that you were insured when the event took place doesn't matter.

As someone rapidly approaching the end of instructing myself, that is a matter of some interest. Given the steep price of insurance, it would be very tempting to give it up if you haven't had anything remotely like a potential incident for at least 7 years prior to retirement.
Typically inactive insurance is considerably less expensive.

Back
Top Bottom