I'm Moving to Florida!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate to disappoint you Californian's but you didn't invent throwing peanut shells on the floor, we have fine dining establishments that both allow and encourage peanut shell tossing too. Geez, it's tragic on so many levels that all the Californian's can brag about are aquatic weeds and restaurants that encourage throwing your food on the floor.:lotsalove:

Let me explain about the peanut shells, when I was at Catalina, we had lunch at an Italian restaurant where the host encouraged us to enjoy their peanuts and to chuck the shells on the floor. I felt like a little kid being able to throw shells on the floor, yes, sadly it takes very little to amuse me. You can ask Kinber cuz she thought I'd lost my mind. As DB noted afterwards, there was much glee on my face as I chucked the shells. Carmen and Dr Bill can vouch for all the shells I flung as they were there too.

Posted via Mobile Device

And here is my serious reaction....:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

manners.jpg

Just Kidding baby!

Just Kidding baby!

Hockey, come visit any time you want.

I have definitely enjoyed reading the thread as I have thought a lot about moving to Florida too.

I don't know jack but I am surprised there was but one wee mention of the Keys in a 24 page thread...bout Key West. Nothing about Key Largo,etc.

Are the Keys not a good option to consider?

Jeff
I'll jump on that as a former Key Largo homeowner. It's a matter of making money. When I divorced, I had to sell one of my homes...I really tried to find a way to keep the Keys house and sell the Broward County house, but I simply could not make enough down there to stay solvent.

Also, once you're down there you are a long way from much of anything else. Living in Broward, I am only 80 minutes to Key Largo. If Sam lived in the Keys, Cave Country would be an all-day drive. If she lived in Broward or Palm Beach, she can go north or south very conveniently.

That said...I hope to be a full-time Keys resident once I retire. I just can't swing it while I'm still having to work.

There are several Broward bars in which the peanut shells are thrown on the floor. Outback is a better one.. The Country Inn is a lesser one--- I have "done well" at either...

Let me explain about the peanut shells, when I was at Catalina, we had lunch at an Italian restaurant where the host encouraged us to enjoy their peanuts and to chuck the shells on the floor. I felt like a little kid being able to throw shells on the floor, yes, sadly it takes very little to amuse me. You can ask Kinber cuz she thought I'd lost my mind. As DB noted afterwards, there was much glee on my face as I chucked the shells. Carmen and Dr Bill can vouch for all the shells I flung as they were there too.

Posted via Mobile Device

Wait a minute, are you sure this was in San Diego?

Hey Sammie~
I have read just about every post in this thread....and it's a lot of good info for you.
:admin:I was hoping you could just get a transfer with the company you are with now, however, I see this is not an option.
You know that I live in Citrus County (Lecanto) Florida and the unemloyment here is insane....you know I know this cuz I have been looking for work for one year!
This is a nice area here, however, after you have been with the manatees and dove the "Springs" there really isn't much here.
There is virtually no employment here what-so-ever!
I would love for you to be close to us (Dennis agrees), however, the place you should be is down in the FLL area.:cool3:
Dennis and I hope to move over to the southern east coast when the time is right. You know you can stay here any time you want to, while you are looking around the state for your 'dream-locale'. :palmtree: And besides that, Dennis and I will need to place to stay when we dive the east coast.....In fact, if you could move that 'moving date' to this coming weekend, that would be great! Dennis and I could stay at your house instead of the La Quinta in Jupiter when we dive there on Friday! giggle giggle giggle:goingdown:
Oh well.....the way I figure it Sammie, is, as long as you are close to us.... :hugs:which you will be when you move to Florida, we will be fine. It will be sooooooooo cool to have you here so Dennis and I can spend more time with you.
(I could bring Brandon over and we could 'raise-him-right', get him diving, show him what good people are all about!!!!!!!)
:eek:nthephone:Call me! :muah:Ria

Hey Sammie~
I have read just about every post in this thread....and it's a lot of good info for you.
:admin:I was hoping you could just get a transfer with the company you are with now, however, I see this is not an option.
You know that I live in Citrus County (Lecanto) Florida and the unemloyment here is insane....you know I know this cuz I have been looking for work for one year!
This is a nice area here, however, after you have been with the manatees and dove the "Springs" there really isn't much here.
There is virtually no employment here what-so-ever!
I would love for you to be close to us (Dennis agrees), however, the place you should be is down in the FLL area.:cool3:
Dennis and I hope to move over to the southern east coast when the time is right. You know you can stay here any time you want to, while you are looking around the state for your 'dream-locale'. :palmtree: And besides that, Dennis and I will need to place to stay when we dive the east coast.....In fact, if you could move that 'moving date' to this coming weekend, that would be great! Dennis and I could stay at your house instead of the La Quinta in Jupiter when we dive there on Friday! giggle giggle giggle:goingdown:
Oh well.....the way I figure it Sammie, is, as long as you are close to us.... :hugs:which you will be when you move to Florida, we will be fine. It will be sooooooooo cool to have you here so Dennis and I can spend more time with you.
(I could bring Brandon over and we could 'raise-him-right', get him diving, show him what good people are all about!!!!!!!)
:eek:nthephone:Call me! :muah:Ria

:hugs: to you and Dennis.

Thanks for posting, Ria. I'l l give you a call tonight. I met Ria and her hubby while diving in Curacao, they were my only diving friends pre-SB life.

Hey, Everyone - Ria is solely responsible for me being a member here. Last year, around this time, Ria and her husband Dennis were headed to Costa Rica in July, having no diving friends aside from them, I decided to latch onto their dive trip so she said, "Great, go on ScubaBoard.com and ask about lodging and diving in Costa Rica". I said, "scuba, what?", and the rest as they say is history. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom