I'm sooo special!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
anyone else getting personal messages from a brand new user named, iDiveChick, that contain this?

"I would like to invite you over to join, say hello and hang out with me and the rest of us on a new huge diving forum at "

Or am I just sooo hot and special that I'm the ONLY one who has been spammed by this dude to join his new scuba forum?

you just to hot for your own good....owww

You sizzle, Stallion-boy! :wink:

(Nah, it's an issue. Being addressed by the Administrators. While anyone is free to go anywhere, anytime, etc. to have some dildo come over to SB and headhunt is rather tacky to say the least...)

But wasn't it fun to think you were smokin' there for awhile? :D

Doc

It's spam email from some jerk whose managed to either steal the exact layout of ScubaBoard forums, or put enough time in to recreate it. Either way, its outright theft of intellectual property.

Anybody that stoops to plagiarism and spam tactics like this you should do well to steer clear of.

Well.. vbulletin isn't to hard to work with from the admin standpoint and setting up of forums. It's amusing that this was launched on the 1st AND within about 5 days there are a handful of our users on that board... hmmm. Seemingly 1 with the same name here as the only moderator there.

Oh well, when your the big dog.. er.. gorilla in the industry, everyone wants to be like you! Thanks for the flattery and all that :D

spam e-mailer = bot

I did go over there to check it out. Although I never reveal the contents of PMs, I thought it would be OK in this case...

Private Message: Re: ?

01-01-2007, 10:39 PM

iDiveChick

Re: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dennis
So are you associated with this site?

They asked me to help out, will probably be made a moderator.

I was asked by another member who went to check it out as well. I'm not impressed by their tactics.

I talked to the other member about it and we think the photo is probably a fake and this person is a dude...:11:

Damned spammers:

By the way, i represent the divind docs diving dreams. For just one dollar you can.....
he he

I talked to the other member about it and we think the photo is probably a fake and this person is a dude...
Let's hope not:

http://******************/showthread.php?p=200#post200

For those that don't want to waste their time, the title is Periods, Pregnancy & Chick Stuff.

Hey Walter's over there so it can't be all bad....

On the site they are on for hosting, its only 4.95 per month for a vbulletin site.. which is interesting since I believe that license is per install....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom