importing a foreign species.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wont be breeding. Donatello wont be roaming. and i'm not positive that it cannot pass viruses to sea turtles, but, there is a considerably large list of tortoises (which the entire genus testudo is included, which is where mine falls) on the conditionally approved species list. I can hope they approved it for appropriate reasons. I don't want to disrupt the natural environment of hawaii (any more than it already has) in any way. the evolution of the immune system in the animal kindom is a phenomenal achievement. Turtles have trusted it for millions of years. I dont mean to be instigating or sarcastic in any way. I just love my tortoise.

ok, just called the pet shop and the man said there should be no problem with you bringing your tortoise to Hawaii. He went on to say, as the others have mentioned, that you should get the paperwork from the dept. of Ag. and get them processed before you get ready to come. Also to let the air carrier know that you are bringing your little friend along as some let you bring it in the cabin and others make you put it in the cargo hold

leonardo leads, donatello does machines, teenage mutant ninja turtles, heroes in a half shell....TURTLE POWER!

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
Thanks a bunch! maybe i'll drop a note to the "justleesa rocks" thread. haha

You're welcome & Thank you :wink:

Back
Top Bottom