Importing dives from Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsevern

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Due to lots of PC issues, I have since wound up upgrading to Vista and basically re-installing everything. I actually had backups of OceanLog but wasn't far enough into it to make losing it a big deal.

However, I've got the new Vista install up and running all drivers are good but here's the problem.

I completely re-installed OceanLog and while I see 10 dives still showing in my computer, Oceanlog only wants to let me import the last 3. It doesn't even give me the option of importing any of the others. Strangest part is I did 5 dives in 2 days, most recently and it only gives me the option to import the 3 most recent of the 5, even though 3 were on the first day. It "sees" only one of those dives from 8/19.

Any ideas? I uninstalled Oceanlog and deleted the directory under Program Files and re-installed but still, import only "sees" last 3 dives on Pro Plus 2.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

This is just a guess, but the data for Oceanlog may not be installed in the Oceanlog directory. I think it used to default to a directory under Documents and Settings. Try searching for files with a .DLG extension, those arer the log files.

Let me explain it another way...

I've basically re-installed Oceanlog, from scratch. When I try to import the dives from my Pro-Plus 2, the import software is only "seeing" the last 3 dives. Which doesn't make sense, at all. At the very least, the last 5 dives would have NEVER been seen by this PC, yet it only see's the last 3, much less all 10 of the dives that still show in the console's history.

Any ideas how I can get it to 'start over' and allow me to import ALL the dives that are in my Pro Plus 2?

I understood what you said the first time. But Oceanlog may not delete the log files when you uninstall it.

What I'm suggesting is that the PP2 isn't importing the dives because they already exist in the database. If you can find the log files and delete them, it may solve your problem.

Does your computer have any files with a .DLG extension anywhere? If it doesn't, I'm wrong. If it does, I may be right.

Doah! Sorry. My bad. *I* misunderstood.

Yea, I deleted ALL the Oceanlog files, including those under Vista's new storage area, /Users...

I cleaned all Oceanic entries out of the registry, emtpied the recycle bin; everthing I could find.

Re-install Oceanlog, start from scratch and try to import dives and it only lists the last 3 dives.

Interestingly, I just installed the drivers and Oceanlog software on my laptop, which I have never installed any Oceanic software on before. Even on the laptop, it still only lists the last 3 dives to import.

That's all I could think of.

Give Mark a call at Oceanic support on Tuesday. He knows everything. :D

See this reply I got for a similar problem in this tread http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=181737

Hi Wilhelm,

We have seen isolated cases where dive data is corrupted - airport x-rays, close proximity to other electrical devices - who knows. We're not 100% sure as it happens extremely rarely and we have been unable to duplicate it. The Log Book function on the computer is completely independent from the download memory, so even though you can see it on the computer, does not mean that it will download.

Doug

It explaind what probably happened, but did not give a solution.

Well, thanks to Doug Krause putting me in contact with Oceanic Tech Support, I got the answer on why I could only download the last 5 dives even though I could see more stored in the Pro Plus 2 "logs". You learn something new everyday!!!

The Pro Plus 2 has 2 "memories".
The log book memory and the download memory.
The Log Book memory will store the last 24 dives. It's "first in, last out" memory.
The Download Memory is 256kb and the number of dives it can store is dependent upon your sampling rate.

Hence, the other dives shown in the logbook memory have been "pushed out" of my Download Memory.

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to enter what data I can from the log memory.
Also, guess I'll be shortening the sampling rate from 2seconds to 15 seconds.

David in tech support suggested that if you don't anticipate being able to download after each day of diving, especially if planning LONG dives, up the sampling rate to 30 secs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom