In Seattle in Jan. Good time for diving? Anyone want to meet up maybe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are your dimensions? I have a spare dry suit that I don't use any more, and would be happy to loan it to you.
Chunky. Most 3XLs sizes should fit me. I dove with a 2XL DUI yesterday and it was just a bit tight.

Where in Seattle are you going to be? There are standing dives, Monday at Mukilteo (north of Seattle), every other Tuesday Moss Bay at Cove 2; DIR Tweaks on Wednesday night (everyone welcome), a Thursday daytime south end dive. I am off the whole time you are here, so I should be able to meet you for at least one or two dives. We also have a spare drysuit you might be able to borrow, depending on sizing.

Not sure exactly yet, but I'll have a car so I assume I'll be able to get anywhere in the bay area. For the weekdays I'll be working 9am till 5 or 6, the 14th and 15th I'll be free completely, with some possible dive options the 21st.

Well, our spare dry suit won't work, unfortunately. (Peter and I are both relatively small people.)

The Monday Mukilteo dives are at 4 and 6:30. The Wednesday Alki Tweak is at 6:30. Moss Bay has a dive every other Tuesday at Alki, which is also at 6:30.

If the money is not an issue, you might contact Bandito Charters about the weekend. The tides are not fabulous for any of our better shore diving sites, but going off a live boat expands the options.

Too bad you are working -- the tides the 18th through the 21st are FANTASTIC!

Well, our spare dry suit won't work, unfortunately. (Peter and I are both relatively small people.)

The Monday Mukilteo dives are at 4 and 6:30. The Wednesday Alki Tweak is at 6:30. Moss Bay has a dive every other Tuesday at Alki, which is also at 6:30.

If the money is not an issue, you might contact Bandito Charters about the weekend. The tides are not fabulous for any of our better shore diving sites, but going off a live boat expands the options.

Too bad you are working -- the tides the 18th through the 21st are FANTASTIC!

I may come into possession of my own drysuit by the time I arrive up there, but if I need to I can bring my Mares semi-dry. I would be able to do a boat on the weekend too.

Looks like my work has decided to screw me over and I won't be going to Seattle. Please disregard this topic with prejudice.

Well, if things change, Jak, you have a lot of information about how to visit here!

so these dives ;
Monday at Mukilteo (north of Seattle), every other Tuesday Moss Bay at Cove 2; DIR Tweaks on Wednesday night (everyone welcome), a Thursday daytime south end dive.
are simply 'show ups' and hope someone is looking for a buddy ? i dounf this link
Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Mukilteo T-Dock of Washington, USA West
is this the same spot ?

i'm just jonesing for some time off now !
marc

Several of those dives have threads on the previously mentioned NW Dive Club site, where people post if they are coming, so that nobody ends up showing up and having no one with whom to dive. It's also a good way to make sure you have equipment, if you need to borrow anything. But yes, in general, people show up and form teams once it's clear who-all is there.

Yes, that's the Mukilteo site, although the T-dock shown in the photo is no longer there.

wow I did not know they took the fisheries dock down, I could of swore I seen it last time going to the mainland. Odd as that is how they get sea water in there building for there sea life.

Back
Top Bottom