Incident in Cebu - Sharing info (Diveassure)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like a typical insurance company's attitude: Payment is a last ditch emergency procedure, only when they have exhausted every avenue to show you screwed up, and they aren't liable.
That varies. If a facility will not accept DAN, you can ask DAN to wire advance payments as long as you can still function.

Sounds like a typical insurance company's attitude: Payment is a last ditch emergency procedure, only when they have exhausted every avenue to show you screwed up, and they aren't liable.
No you have the procedure wrong They take all of the claims they get in a week, stack them, toss them into the air, the ones that stay up they pay.

It never fails to amaze me just how ubiquitous American coffee shops / brands are around the world.

Thank you, Michael, for all your input and help here on ScubaBoard. You and @Centrals are sort of my go-to fonts of knowledge for SEA.

I am not Dr Michael Perez I listed his details and his FB page. :)

Do you have some way to phone Diveassure without accruing more expenses? I'd want to talk with them personally, complain about the poor treatment at the time of the incident as well the claims process, and hope to get someone to assist you there.
I have discussed with them mostly via email, later called one of their partners that were asking me the same stuff for 3 times: NGSclaims.UK@vanameyde.com

I complained to them about the situation, but basically nothing got resolved.

Regards,

I have discussed with them mostly via email, later called one of their partners that were asking me the same stuff for 3 times: NGSclaims.UK@vanameyde.com

I complained to them about the situation, but basically nothing got resolved.

Regards,
Emails are easy to ignore. Phone calls can be effective harassment. Works best if you keep them on the phone going over the details of all submissions. Calling from Hong Kong may be an issue for you tho.

A local quarry manager started ignoring my calls about the dust blowing onto my crop so I started calling his office, leaving messages for the President and CEO. He doesn't ignore me anymore. :cool:

That varies. If a facility will not accept DAN, you can ask DAN to wire advance payments as long as you can still function.
I was in panama in Feb 2020 and a diver in our group had pneumothorax during a dive. DAN (Europe) was more than useless. From memory they didn't even pick up the phone for a few days. They had to pool three credit cards to make up the US$10k admission charge and I believe she also had issues getting her claim processed.

I was in panama in Feb 2020 and a diver in our group had pneumothorax during a dive. DAN (Europe) was more than useless. From memory they didn't even pick up the phone for a few days. They had to pool three credit cards to make up the US$10k admission charge and I believe she also had issues getting her claim processed.
My apologies as I should have said DAN North America. There are certainly differences between the associations, but I don't know much about the others.
What a coincidence... Diveassure just reached to me asking the bank details ...
Finally some progress I hope.

DiveAssure is a registered member here. I wonder if they would comment about your problems. I'll ask.​

:wavesmiley:

Back
Top Bottom