Indonesia-Lembeh Straits-Buyat Bay-Raja Ampat Trip Report 11-1 thru 11-24-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Cat...it did take you awhile to get that report together....It puts mine to Shame:depressed:....Excellent report! I think I need to plan another trip to Buyat Bay...I did not get enough dives in. Need to explore the area more!

You should send a copy of the report to Kerry, Hergen and Danny....Great Job!

xariatay

Just finished reading your excellent report and looking at your photos on facebook!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing! This report makes me want to go to Buyat Bay!

Wisnu, highdesert, jake11, Thanks!!! :D
I really liked the serenity of Buyat. Heard from the team last week that they found a nice reef around the new site that we explored (Ujung Tumbak) 2 weeks ago, it was a big thrill to explore new dive sites... :wink: & Buyat & Lembeh make the perfect combination. :blinking:

Scott, Thanks!!! I wish I could write a short & sweet & to the point report like yours! :daydreaming: Am just too long-winded. Think my report for 2nd visits will be shorter. :wink: Hope u can schedule another visit to Buyat this year & tell me/us how it is!
I tagged Danny on Facebook, he knows about this.
Oh, I forgot to mention that Steve Fish made a gallant effort to try to save my friend's water invaded G11, super guy...

Well Cat...it did take you awhile to get that report together....It puts mine to Shame:depressed:....Excellent report! I think I need to plan another trip to Buyat Bay...I did not get enough dives in. Need to explore the area more!

You should send a copy of the report to Kerry, Hergen and Danny....Great Job!

Hope u can schedule another visit to Buyat this year & tell me/us how it is!
I tagged Danny on Facebook, he knows about this.
Oh, I forgot to mention that Steve Fish made a gallant effort to try to save my friend's water invaded G11, super guy...

This year I have planned 10 days at Sorido in Raja and 10 days in Lembeh. Next year I am thinking about doing 2 trips to Indo. One doing Buyat-Lembeh-Bangka...(perhaps we can meet up again?). The other one doing a LOB in Raja going down to the Misool area and ending back at Sorido in the Papua.

I did send Danny a link to your report...wasn't Steve one of the nicest guys....again your report is really outstanding!....Well off to Palau in a few days for a couple of weeks!

Did your macro lens ever show up?? I hope so! Again, one of the best reports I have read on scuba board forum!! Well done!!!:

jake11, Many thanks! All the kind people here make it worthwhile to write about my dives & I love reading others' reports. :wink:
Unfortunately the macro lens (& the adaptor) is lost to Davy Jones... If it is ever found, should be looking like this. :confused: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5715688-post1.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom