Inexpensive dive trip *other* than Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

La paz, cozumel, and Kona(depending on airfare) are all reasonable and direct flights from Los Angeles. Kona has a lot of good shore dive oppurtunities if you know where to go. Very consistant vis. We love it there and are going back this year.
Definately not Belize..itwas one of the most expensive dive trips we have done.

SoSiouxme:
I can't believe no one has mentioned Roatan or Utila. On the West End, you can find good dive shops that do boat dives for as little as $20/tank. Check out www.coconuttreedivers.com They have a good reputation on the board.

You find cheap lodging & food as well.

Or if you want to go the all-inclusive route, CocoView and Fantasy Island offer great deals.

And the diving is great.

Yep! Was there last year... Mary's on Roatan is my fav dive spot of all time! I always stay at Las Rocas Dive resort... Very inexpensive & great dive staff.

http://www.lasrocasresort.com

SassyScubaGal:
Yep! Was there last year... Mary's on Roatan is my fav dive spot of all time! I always stay at Las Rocas Dive resort... Very inexpensive & great dive staff.

http://www.lasrocasresort.com

You have done Cara a Cara, haven't you??....Mary's Place is a good dive too esp. when the seahorse's are there after the 'crack' in the floor..........

Call Silent World and ask about the package deal with my townhouse. I think you will like the price.

Hi,

Thanks again for all the suggestions--I *think* we've decided on Roatan. I'm sure I'll be posting with more questions soon. I definitely think we'll be taking these suggestions and going to these other places, since I'm going to need low budget dive trips for a few years :) Thanks

If you want any information, I'm sure you'll find the boards very helpful. There are several experts on the Central American board that will have first hand info on various resorts. There are lots of decisions, but the good news is you can't go wrong.

Enjoy the Bay Islands -- it won't be your last trip.

If you haven't put money down, I think that in Cayman the Brac Reef resort is offering a two for one special. May 12 - 19, $1592 for two people. 7nts, 3 tanks aday(17dives), breakfast lunch,dinner and taxes.

Wow this is an awesome thread.. I am in the Los Angeles area and was asking myself the same question: where to go diving for a week on a budget.

Please let the board know which hotel you end up choosing in Roatan...

-Michael

Back
Top Bottom