Inflatable dive boat ladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Any thoughts on inflatable dive boat ladders for a 15'5" RIB? (PRO 9) Im looking at a Garelick 13003 three step.

I just installed the Garlick on our Boston Whaler Outrage, "Nemrod." I attached it to our swim platform using an optional L bracket. This allows us to keep our factory swim ladder in place or use the dive ladder (three step single pole).

My question to you is where do you plan to install it on an inflatable--and store it?

For a short run we can leave it attached but flipped and bungeed as in the pic. For long runs in chop it stows on brackets on the side of our console.

DSCF0255.jpg

DSCF0257.jpg

This is a new install, the 5200 is still drying, there is a non slip pad that goes on top of the bracket not yet installed.

N

Why would you want a ladder on an inflatable? Once you climb it there is still nothing to grab onto. Just jump into it...

Wildcard:
Why would you want a ladder on an inflatable?
I'm climbed up a ladder into an inflatable RIB, all geared up, and it was a really nice easy way it get out.

One of my dive buddies can’t get over the 20" tubes anymore. He started me out Abalone diving 20 years ago and I can’t just leave him on the beach plus he can still hit 20' on the north coast.

Fair enough, good for you.BTW Im trying to figure out where your icon pic is taken from?

its looking out from our bedroom balcony at Bahi Pez Vela Guanacaste Costa Rica. Also hello to Spokane Wa. My uncle owned a hardware store in Kelso for many years.

abdiver:
Also hello to Spokane Wa.
Hello back at ya! Next time you come to vist, let's dive.

I actually built a ladder for my 15' 5" Zodiac. It is a non rib but it should work for you. It is made from 3/8" line and 1 1/2" pvc pipe. You can not climb on board with your tanks and weights (you just clip the tanks off and toss the weights in the boat and climb the ladder. I have had 200lb guys use it.

Charles

What I do on my zodiac is I tie climbing webbing to one of the D-Rings on the opposite side that we are coming up on in the shape of a loop this gives us enough resistance to step up and into the zodiac, plus since the webbing goes across the width of the boat we can also use it to grab on too and pull. Though you can not do this with gear on and will still need to lift the gear aboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom