Inflator Hose Recall by SiTech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine rotated on the end of the screw that I screwed into it and I could pull it out with hardly any force at all. If the screw wasn't in it then I bet I could have gotten it out by just pushing a pin into it and wiggling it out.

Tbh if I had realized it was that easy I would have pulled it out earlier. I didn't like the flow-restriction on the inflator anyway. I have going on maybe 1300 dives in a drysuit and I've never had such a slow flow on the inflator before. It actually took a considerable amount of getting used to.

R..

have you reported this to SiTech? they have a form on their website - they are asking anyone that did not have the restrictor in the "proper place" to submit information to SiTech.

Glad to hear everyone is taking it seriously.

Until the next dive,

I doubt they would be impressed. The insert was, in fact, still in place -- albeit loose -- and my story is unlikely to register on them beyond the "ok...whatever" level.

R..

Unfortunately just the forms they have...they will have to be printed and sent back to SiTech. Unfortunately Sitech has not exactly made this an easy process for anybody...

If you have concerns, I would contact them directly...

until the next dive,

If you've postponed it, don't. It's an easy fix. I'd try to wiggle it out with a paper clip, after seeing how easy mine came out. No "POP" like in the youtube video. :wink:

Tools required:
leatherman (or screwdriver and pliers)
small screw

Time:
10-15 seconds once the hose is off the first stage. :)

VI

Back
Top Bottom