Inflator valve on Zeagle Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigsnowdog

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Zeagle Ranger I bought new about three years ago. It was the old style when a new version came out. A great BCD.

My inflater hose valve sometimes sticks. I often have to pull out the plunger to get it to close. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to rinse, flush, and clean it.

How can I fix this? Will the hose and valve assembly come off the BCD easily? I don't want to break anything, but I have a lot of mechanical ability. I am looking for some directions. I am hoping I can disassemble it and clean it to resolve this problem.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

You may want to look at replacing it with the newer style of inflator. The Bx system is a better system, and you can service it yourself by simply changing out the insert, which is removable with a 1/4" allen wrench.

Thanks,

Scott

The valve is on the inflator end. I had the same problem. A BX inflator and two cable ties later - plus make sure you re-attach the pull dump cable using the (provided) captured steel pin - and it's worked flawlessly ever since. Best thing about the BX is that the inflator now unscrews - both for cleaning and there's a standard hose connection on the hose end. Hook up a garden hose and flush the BC easily. Really one of the best systems I've used.

Zeagle Bx Power Inflator scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express

543.jpg

It sounds like a great idea. How do I get the assembly disconnected from the BCD?

I did buy it from Zeagle Express, just for your interest. I will order this item you mention from you.

Pinch and twist the head of the tye wrap with a pair of pliers until it breaks or releases.
Roll the corrugated hose back over itself until you get it off the inflator, then push the pin through the cable loop to finish removal.
You can work a flat blade screwdriver under the hose to work it off the old inflator but it is pretty easy to poke a hole in it if you're not careful.

Pinch and twist the head of the tye wrap with a pair of pliers until it breaks or releases.
Roll the corrugated hose back over itself until you get it off the inflator, then push the pin through the cable loop to finish removal.
You can work a flat blade screwdriver under the hose to work it off the old inflator but it is pretty easy to poke a hole in it if you're not careful.

I gather there is no need to disconnect the other end of this hose assembly from the BCD?

I gather there is no need to disconnect the other end of this hose assembly from the BCD?
It's just a hollow tube - all the cable does is connect to the pull dump on the bc end so it pulls on the cable and not the hose when you pull on the inflator to dump air.

I have a similar concern but on a brand new BCD. I just purchased a Zeagle Ranger (received a week ago) and took it for its first dive this weekend. I noticed the inflator button felt a little rough seemed to stick a little while dry and while diving it has a tendency to stick if fully depressed. I can always unstick it by popping it back out. Is there an adjustment or anything I should be looking for on a brand new component or do I need to get this packaged up for a warranty concern?

Thanks.

-Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom