Info about Indo waiving visa on arrival requirements for U.S.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was enforced at Denpassar last night..I watched all those lucky people sail through without paying while I stood in line to hand over my Rupiah. What is this world coming to? They let New Zealanders in for free - do they not know NZ is really just the most south easterly part of Australia? :wink:

I did notice a lot of other Aussies had crisp new USD notes and were given change in IDR

Can anyone confirm that $35 for the VOA is still required at MDC (Manado) or not?

Can anyone confirm that $35 for the VOA is still required at MDC (Manado) or not?
YES! The visa waiver only applies to a very few places of arrival in Indonesia - Manado is not one of them.

Second what Zippsy says, I just received conformation from friends in Manado although most of the dive ops are trying to petition that this gets changed, however since we divers will come anyway it will most likely not happen for some time.

Second what Zippsy says, I just received conformation from friends in Manado although most of the dive ops are trying to petition that this gets changed, however since we divers will come anyway it will most likely not happen for some time.
Anyway, what would you expect in terms of lobbying from a regional govt that prefer chinese mining to promoting diving.

Second what Zippsy says, I just received conformation from friends in Manado ....

Thanks! We seldom send anyone through Manado any more, but a dive operator in Bali told me that the VOA at MDC was also free for those 45 countries. I questioned that based on the website I linked earlier.

Well I fly there tomorrow (Friday) so I will soon know.

Hello! I'm sure most of you have heard the news about President Joko Widodo waiving the visa on arrival requirements for the U.S.
Does this mean that the 30 day stay requirement no longer applies? Anyone have more detailed info on the subject?
Can't seem to find more info on Google.

Indonesia waives visa requirements for 45 countries - Visas and migration to other countries - Thailand Forum

AWESOME!!! I'm going back to Bali in early September. I won't miss that long line at immigration a bit !!!

$35 visa still required for Manado :(

Update -

Important note for tourists entering Indonesia with a free VOA and exiting Indonesia in a location that does not offer the free VOA.

I received this info from my trips' cruise director today.

Below information is courtesy of Silk Air Manado--

"I had a chat with MDC Immigration today and some of our pax in MDC face a problem exiting MDC as they have entered through JKT on the Free VOA. Once they choose the Free VOA option in JKT or any of the 9 ports as below, they are unable to exit from another Indonesian city without the Free VOA Option".

The workaround this is to buy the normal USD 35 VOA at CGK (Jakarta)/DPS (Denpasar)/KNO (Kualanamu, Medan)/SUB (Surabaya)/BTH (Batam Hang Nadim) and with that VOA, they will be able to exit another Indonesian city without the Free VOA Option.

Can we please trouble you to disseminate this information to your guests/passengers to purchase the correct VISA upon arrival.

If they are having an open jaw ticket (entry via CGK/DPS/KNO/SUB/BTH and exit via another Indonesian Point NOT CGK/DPS/KNO/SUB/BTH), they would NEED to choose to purchase the USD 35 VOA Option at CGK/DPS/KNO/SUB/BTH to be able to depart via another Indonesian city without the Free VOA Option. If they choose the Free VOA Option, they will be made to return by domestic flight to the city which they arrive in to depart Indonesia.

With this knowledge, pax will avoid the hassle of buying a domestic ticket to go back to CGK/DPS/KNO/SUB/BTH to exit as most pax only know about this policy when they arrive in MDC for example.

Do let me know if you have any questions or comments regarding the above please. Thanks!

For 30 countries, namely People's Republic of China, Russia, South Korea, Japan, United States of America, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico, England, Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Finland , Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman and South Africa, can visit for the purpose of Tourist ONLY. Above countries can ONLY enter and exit from Indonesia through the following nine (9) Indonesia Immigration Clearance ONLY at ;

a ) Airport Immigration Check Point
1) Soekarno-Hatta Jakarta ( CGK )
2) Ngurah Rai - Bali (DPS)
3) Kualanamu, Medan (KNO)
4) Juanda - Surabaya (SUB)
5) Hang Nadim - Batam (BTH)

b) Seaport Immigration Check Point
1) Sri Bintan Pura at Tanjung Pinang
2) Batam Center at Batam
3) Sekupang at Batam
4) Tanjung Uban at Tanjung Uban

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/