Info and Discussion...Roatan Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what's so cool about islands. There's ALWAYS a windward side...and a leeward side. And they are rarely the same side. There are MANY dive opportunities on the island of Roatan. Take advantage of those opportunities every chance you get!

Well, I finally made it out to Calvin's Crack and it was pretty sweet. My partner and I flew in to our condo for a quick one week getaway from the kids in early July. We did four dives with Roatan Divers in West End, who were absolutely fantastic. We also did an all-day excursion with Barefoot Divers that included drops at Pirate's Point and Calvin's Crack followed by lunch and beers in Jonesville. It was an awesome day. I also got to test out my new video rig, with somewhat mixed results. The video is linked below with Calvin's Crack scenes around 1:55. Enjoy!

I'm so glad you finally got out to Pirate's Point and Calvin's Crack! Did you get to meet Tib the Toadfish???

Your video is really nice :)

Thanks @CajunDiva! We looked for Thib but could not find him. Instead we found the lovely seahorse that is in the thumbnail of my video. We can't wait to go back!

He's been in the same place forever - go dive with Aqua Adventures one day!

We had the opportunity to dive the sea mounts today. It was amazing, the amount of bio diversity and volume rivaled what we experienced in Indonesia. It was amazing. I have never experienced that much life in the Carabean on a single day.

So glad you got to experience the sea mounts :) Next on your "to do" list should be Morat Wall...if you're a reef lover like me!

Moral wall has been on the must do list for a while.

PS. We spent the day at Camp Bay Beach the other day. Wow, what an experience!!! Nothing like having 3/4 of a mile of beach to yourself. It was post card perfect, and no one else there. If you ever get the chance, go !!!! You will not regret it.

CAYOS COCHINOS
Although I don't have the patience to do anything fancy, here is a clip of a few scenes you might expect to encounter diving Cayos Cochinos...Sea Mount #1:

Back
Top Bottom