Info on Nosara/Tamarindo Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tpoliti

New
Reaction score
Hey all, this is my first post and I'm looking for info. I will be vacationing in Nosara and Tamarindo, Costa Rica in early March and I was wondering how the diving was. I am planning on fishing more than anything else, but I would like to get a couple of dives in as well. I've got limited dive experience, less than 12 dives, but would still like to get in the water. Any info would be great, especially in the Nosara area as we will be spending most of our time there. Does anyone know if spearfishing is allowed in CR?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Tony

Hi, Tony and welcome. The diving in Costa Rica is really nice...i've dove there many times and it's great at least the times i've been there. I'm not sure about spearfishing..that i can't not say. I've dove with Ocotal Diving which is near Tamarindo, and with Deep Blue right by Coco Beach which is also not too far from Ocotal. pretty much all the dive operators there are pretty good. March is the best time to dive there since it's summer time..the water should be clear and calm and you will be able to see alot. A couple of sites are Catalina Island and Bat Island having tons of stuff to see. Good luck and hope this helps a bit.

I have stayed just down the coast from Tamarindo, Place called Iquana Azul, very nice views and great diving. Local shop, Buffalo Diving, just in town where you can find tanks and a few boat trips but mostly beach diving. Not the greatest if all you want is diving but the area around the Azul is filled with all kinds of fun. You can get a horse hoping tour from the Azul. Kinda like bar hopping on horses, they knnow the way home :) Out of the way and quite, great rooms with a very nice in ground pool.
http://www.costaricabureau.com/hotels/guanacaste/iguanaazul.htm

Back
Top Bottom