Informal Kayak diving seminar and BBQ/Potluck this Sat March 7th, 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the custom Alhambra outriggers. Could you put your outriggers on a hinge and tip them up when paddling? or is that when you need them most.

Hinging the outriggers would add complexity and a multitude of other problems. The outriggers cause very little drag with a reasonably loaded kayak. I paddled all over Upper Blue Lake with these and found the kayak nimble, fast, and oh-so stable. It is only when overloading it with a diver and gear that it gets sluggish.

I have been thinking about going to a cobra fish n' dive with 600 pounds of lift. My scrambler is ok with just me, but is also over loaded with my gear, which seems to get worse with every extra pound of camera add on's :wink:.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been thinking about going to a cobra fish n' dive with 600 pounds of lift. My scrambler is ok with just me, but is also over loaded with my gear, which seems to get worse with every extra pound of camera add on's :wink:.

I have a friend with one of those. it works well as a dive kayak. It is a lot heavier out of the water than the scrambler, if you can handle that then go for it.

Thanks guys. I want to start looking into Kayak diving. Surface swimming is not as easy as it used to be. I'll pay attention to weight rating as suggested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom