Question Information wanted on Aruba dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wants2divemore

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any experience or feedback on any of the following Aruba dive ops? I couldn't find anything searching on SB. Thanks.

Aruba Bob
Aruba Watersports Center
Mermaid Dive Center
Nautilus Dive Center
Palm Beach Divers

Haven’t been myself, but this might help. It’s a couple of years old. Aruba Dive Shops (spreadsheet) I’ve found the best way to find things like what you’re looking for on Scubaboard is to search “Aruba”, then wade through what comes up.

Erik

Haven’t been myself, but this might help. It’s a couple of years old. Aruba Dive Shops (spreadsheet) I’ve found the best way to find things like what you’re looking for on Scubaboard is to search “Aruba”, then wade through what comes up.

Erik
I already saw that but I'm interested in peoples' experiences (good or bad) with these shops and would they recommend them.

I dove with Mermaid Dive Center six years ago when we were last there. I would dive with them again. Keep in mind that the diving in Aruba is OK but not fantastic.

There are many dives shops here on the island, and pretty much most are them are solid and try to do their best for giving their services to divers. As for those mentioned on the lists, Aruba bob snorkel and scuba, based in Savaneta, personally they are some of the friendliest guys I know, their dive shop is not the biggest operation, what sets them apart is the people working there as the instructors there are really interactive in teaching open water. Making It a very great and fun experience for tourist receiving the open water cert. They do partner up with 2 different dive shops, as they use their dive boats for their boat dive, I'm sure one is Aruba watersports center's boat and the other I believe to be Nautilus dive center's boat, although I can not confirm, that boat's name in question is called Seatoy. Aruba water sports center has a bigger operation, offering more than just diving, they have a pretty spacious and nice dive boat, although a bit slow it provides great coverage against sun protection, The captain is also a pretty cool guy, also very interactive gives I would say the same support and interactiveness. I don't have much experience with Nautilus and mermaid dive shops, other than I believe they offer good experiences for diving.(don't quote me, should check review sites) Nautilus Is based in Pos Chikito to Mangel Halto district and mermaid is in Noord/Palm Beach area. I have been on the Palm Beach diver's boat, very fast and somewhat luxurious boat, I Have only been on the Palm Beach diver and Aruba watersports center's boat because of a coral research and restoration project I've been a part of months ago. Furthermore, I believe all of these are Padi Dive centers and from what I know they are recommended for open water and advanced open. Hard to give you a rundown on the best dive centers in Aruba, as I do not normally do (FUN) dives on boats. You do have the Top dogs and then the underdogs here on Aruba.

I did palm beach divers a couple of years ago for a few dives. I was able to get on without prior reservations for an afternoon dive here or there. They were very accommodating and easy to work with and not very expensive. I liked JADS better, however.

Back
Top Bottom