Infrared ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

konacoffeediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Aloha,
Got my first reg and console setup today. Got a Scubapro MK25 1st, S555 2nd, and an Aladin 2G comp, for a good deal at one of the high end resorts clearing inventory for new stuff.

Ok so been messing with this dive comp. (aladin 2G) trying to get it to connect to computer through the laptops built in IrDA port. Not working checked port it seems to be working fine as per windows. Im running vista premuim and think this might be the problem as Scubapro doesn't have the drivers for it yet on their website. Im hesitant on buying another IrDA usb as there is one built into laptop. I've searched the forum already and haven't really had much luck with my question. Ive downloaded and loaded the drivers for windows xp through the uwatec site. still no go. I got smarttrak running fine just can't get it to connect to comp.

also does anyone know how to clear the dive log memory without smarttrak. There are about 30 prior dives on comp. Maybe taking out the battery, but I don't have a new o-ring and manual said don't open without replacing o-ring. thanks in advance for all the help.

Aloha!
I have the same issues with my SmartCom and I have Vista too. I was able to download the drivers but I can't get it to read my computer either. Don't take out your battery...to clear your dives...once you're able to resolve the IrDA problem, you can do everything on your laptop...if I resolve my problem, I'll let you knowI

FWIW it's all about the right drivers with Vista! I bought a cheap $5 IRDA on eBay and finally found the Kingsun 939 driver to make it work. Don't give up hope, keep trying drivers.

So I ordered a cheap usb irda super mini off ebay from hong kong for 6 bucks. installed drivers works good was able to download dives and adjust dive comp with laptop. Kind of iratating that my laptops irda didn't work. oh well all is well know.

Kind of iratating that my laptops irda didn't work.

I thought the same thing with my laptop, but it turns out the IrDA port is input-only. It is meant for use with a remote control for media center type stuff. The computer makers are being cheap by not putting in a full IrDA port. :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom