Inguinal Hernia and OW training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I met with my doctor yesterday and had a full physical. The doctor spent a lot of time talking with me about the Hernia in question. He basically said at this point he can loosely call it an inguinal hernia as it has not entered the canal. After looking at photos I understand what he means. During the "cough test" he can feel something but it is very small and can't push out unless the tear gets larger. His recommendation was to go on living life as if there isn't a problem. He understands the diving risks and sees no cause for concern at this point. I may never need to have it repaired, or I might need it fixed next month. I asked him about doing imaging prior to him checking it himself, once he checked it it he said imaging would be a waste of time and money.

I'm at ease now. I managed to have some phantom pains , on the wrong side, prior to my appointment. I couldn't even remember which side it was on.

Thanks for all the comments. There's lots of good info on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom