Installing a regulator/inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the same problem installing a Tusa Air Source to a Seaquest BCD. My LDS sells an adapter hose that is the right diameter at each end (bigger at the Reg, smaller at the BCD connecion) to attach with no problems. Also, this hose is longer which makes using the reg. much more comfortable. I believe this is a ScubaPro hose. Cost was about $20 a year ago. Here's their info. if you want to contact them:

Aquatic Center
585-334-1670.
Located in Rochester, NY.

Good luck.

The problem is that every BC manufacturer has a different elbow to connect the corrugated hose to the BC. In the past Seaquest BCs had the option of a standard corrugated hose or the "trimline" hose. This option is no longer available. You may be able to find one of the old non-trimline hoses that will fit. Otherwise, there's always ebay.

The pull dump is just a wire inside the corrugated hose and should pose no problem. If needed, you can shorten the wire and re-crimp it. However, you may want to eliminate this function altogether. All that holds the corrugated hose to the BC elbow is a lock tie--perfect for holding the small pressure found in a BC, but it will slip right off if pulled too hard.

FWIW, I've been using an AIR2 for 3 years and it's worked great. Only had to donate air once and it was simple enough to hand over my primary. It does take a bit of getting used when breathing of it while ascending. (You might want to practice this a bit before you need it.) One thing about an inflater/reg is that you always know it's working because you use it all the time for buoyancy. It's never getting fouled or full of sand. Also, the inflaters found on many BCs are of piss poor quality as they are nothing more than a shrader valve just like you have on a tire.

Back
Top Bottom