Instructor Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikiko

Reaction score
Hi all

I am a new PADI instructor and was asked to give a shop a price to take care of his scuba classes.. I was just wondering if I could get a few prices from some of the other Instructors out there.
Right now it will mostly be pool work and a bit of class as well. Like I said I'm new and need your help and suggestions.

Hoping you can help me because I don't want to ask too much and I don't want to be too cheap as well.

Thanks for your imput.

I'm NOT a instructor
But I do a little business. They must have a price that they charge per student.
If your doing the training, deduct the cost's eg:pool time, books and classroom costs then 15% of the profit to the store and you get what little is left over :D
They get all the sales from new students that you train. So try to get a percent of that too. {Keep dreaming}

Walter once bubbled...
Some shops don't charge enough. Using that method, he could end up paying them.

That's why I put the Smile in :D

We do this because we love it.........don't we?
You mean I'm suppost to be making money :banging:

I prefer not to offer this kind of info open to public viewing.

I am an instructor with 25 years experience.
If you'd like to send me a PM (private message) I can offer some suggestions, to rates and negotiations with clients.

MikeD

My costs are somewhat driven by central FL competiton.

Standard Open Water is $250

Student supplies mask, fins & snorkel. I'm using integrated weights so the weight belt is optional. I supply the rest including student kits and c-cards

All open waters are at student's cost

cudachaser once bubbled...
My costs are somewhat driven by central FL competiton.

Standard Open Water is $250

All open waters are at student's cost

Wow thats like $500 Cdn/student.......thats what an open water course should cost!

Yes! Bubble boy wouldn't that be nice in Ontario.

Bubbleboy:

Wow thats like $500 Cdn/student.......

Ummm.. which conversion factor are you using? Two hundred & fifty ($250) US works out to about $375 Cdn.

Mikiko:

Pricing is mostly dependent on overhead & how much profit margin you want to build in. It is quite different for an independent instructor working as a sub-contractor for a dive shop owner vs. an independent running his/her own program.

For example, what is the shop owner going to provide? Pool time? Training gear? Or are you expected to make arrangements for this on your own?

Do your homework first about how much it is going to cost you BEFORE you quote a price. Otherwise you will not be able to make any money at it.

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom