Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks JamesK and everyone who contributed to this thread. I'm in the market for an entry level UW camera, I really appreciate all the information I found here. I think I'm *almost* sold on Intova Sport HD too.

I just have few questions before I press the Checkout button.

Does it come with a wall plug to charge the camera or only USB?
How long does it take to fully charged the camera?
What is the minimum focal length? I think I may have read it somewhere that it is from 5' to infinity. 5' is very far.

I almost order a Sealife mini, but thankfully found a thread that have a link to this thread, for $30 different (Sealife with $30 rebate), I think this one seems like a winner.

Thanks in advance!

The data cable w/ USB is what is used to charge and download pic and videos
I have not payed attention to how long it takes to charge . I have not fully discharged it . I just plug it in to download pic and then leave it for a couple hours and unplug
focul length is around 2' the videos I posted you can see we got as close to things as inches (big tire) most other close spot as 2' of so . I do not thik this one works so will for Micro photo.

No wall plug, only USB.

Haven't learned the answers to your other questions yet.

Mine is arriving tomorrow from B&H! I made my purchase based on the discussions on this thread and the price of it. I am on the look out for a light system for the monetarily challenged to go along with it. :D Any suggestions? Thanks.

What is the minimum focal length? I think I may have read it somewhere that it is from 5' to infinity. 5' is very far.

Please check out my video in post #113. I went as close to the Plateform #2 sign just to checkout what you are asking. I must have been about 2-5 inches away from it. Also most of the video was pretty close. The video was about testing the camera in the more or less worse conditions wit darkness and plenty of silt. I hope that this helps.

Wow, that's pretty close :), very good for that kind of visibility! Thanks for video!

---------- Post Merged at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Click! The order is placed!

You are very welcome and thanks also goes to JamesK for assisting me in meking the right decision. OBTW Lesure Pro has these cameras for $199.00. Better than what I paid. Another thing about the video of the plateform 2 sign. I was heading toward it and never changed settings. We are still working on getting the entire object within the frame. That's something I love about the LCD back...you can see what you are shooting. I have not tried to shoot stills and try to view them underwater yet. If you can then it would be a real considering that you could view and delete and shoot again for that once in a lifetime encounter. Oh well, I guess that is why I went with the 32 GB card (Walmart was much cheaper than most places I have seen).

i bought one after viewing James lionfish on yt, great video James, and thanks for the review, will get to try mine out next week in malta, although im not sure about the mounting on top of my head, feel slightly foolish, lol

Please check out my video in post #113. I went as close to the Plateform #2 sign just to checkout what you are asking. I must have been about 2-5 inches away from it. Also most of the video was pretty close. The video was about testing the camera in the more or less worse conditions wit darkness and plenty of silt. I hope that this helps.

YouTube says this video has been removed by the owner?

YouTube says this video has been removed by the owner?

OK try this one NCDivers3 - Diving Videos in HD on Vimeo

---------- Post Merged at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:24 PM ----------

although im not sure about the mounting on top of my head, feel slightly foolish, lol

So just how do you mount it to a helmet?

---------- Post Merged on October 14th, 2012 at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was on October 13th, 2012 at 06:24 PM ----------

JamesK...how did the side-by-side trial come out from the caves. Sorry, but I really need to know in that we are heading to cave country this month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom