Introducing Fusion FIT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi ladies... ok well I went into the local shop near me and asked about this suit compared to the "sport" skin available through Whites and really there wasn't too much difference besides the sport being cheaper... unless you want to pay more for the colour on the "fit". Regardless, I decided to go another option and purchased a custom cut neoprene suit made locally by SeaTux as pricing actually turned out to be cheaper on a custom suit. Picking it up this weekend and diving weekend of March 16/17.

Just a slight correction here - the Fusion Fit is actually most comparable to the Fusion Bullet - all materials and construction on the Fusion Fit are the exact same as the Fusion Bullet...same super-stretch neoprene, same rugged stitching on the seams, same armoured knee pads...the only difference between the two is that the Fusion Fit is constructed without the Gatortech armour around the hips, and does not include pockets. The Fusion Fit skin is also cut for a specifically for a woman's body, as opposed to a unisex cut on other models. Because of the reduced armour, and lack of pockets, the Fusion Fit is priced the same as the Fusion Tech suit, although it is much more similar to the Fusion Bullet. The Fusion Sport skin is made out of 100% lycra, and aside from the Fusion design, does not share any similarities with the Bullet or Fit.

- RA

Just an update on this end - picked up a fusion fit a few weeks ago, played around in the pool, it's grrrreat!

One important thing - I had to get smaller neck seals rushed to me - the regular ones ended up being a tad too loose, aaannnddd I had water gushing in! Just a thought if you have a smaller neck! Wrist seals were fine. Flexible everywhere it needed to be, especially in the hips. I personally wasn't able to zip it up completely on my own once I had my undergarments on, without my undergarments I can almost do up the whole thing, but not quite.

I swapped out the neck seals myself, that took a whopping five minutes to learn how to do and to actually do it. It's a fantastic system!

Just took it ice diving, after two weekends of that I'm pretty thrilled with it. Valves worked great in those conditions, and it didn't freeze up all chunky and stiff like trilaminate suits do.

As far as fit goes, the difference in material in the hips made a pretty big difference in how comfortable it was. It was much easier to put on and move around in. Lots of room in the chest, slightly shaped waist. With undergarments on, I was still able to reach my tank valve behind my head. Very little extra material bunching about, so it was easy to move the air in the suit where you needed it to be, and it didn't bubble around all over the place.

For anyone who's concerned about the durability of the skin, my butt was frozen to an ice block after sitting in full gear for a bit, I just pulled really hard to rip myself off the block, and the skin was perfectly fine!

I'd definitely recommend this suit, I actually didn't want to get out of it at the end of the day, I just kept it on until it was time to go home. If you're not wearing undergarments, it feels similar to a wetsuit, with undies - it's like wearing big comfy jammies!

If anyone has any questions about the suit or anything - let me know!

Just an update on this end - picked up a fusion fit a few weeks ago, played around in the pool, it's grrrreat!

One important thing - I had to get smaller neck seals rushed to me - the regular ones ended up being a tad too loose, aaannnddd I had water gushing in! Just a thought if you have a smaller neck! Wrist seals were fine. Flexible everywhere it needed to be, especially in the hips. I personally wasn't able to zip it up completely on my own once I had my undergarments on, without my undergarments I can almost do up the whole thing, but not quite.

I swapped out the neck seals myself, that took a whopping five minutes to learn how to do and to actually do it. It's a fantastic system!

Just took it ice diving, after two weekends of that I'm pretty thrilled with it. Valves worked great in those conditions, and it didn't freeze up all chunky and stiff like trilaminate suits do.

As far as fit goes, the difference in material in the hips made a pretty big difference in how comfortable it was. It was much easier to put on and move around in. Lots of room in the chest, slightly shaped waist. With undergarments on, I was still able to reach my tank valve behind my head. Very little extra material bunching about, so it was easy to move the air in the suit where you needed it to be, and it didn't bubble around all over the place.

For anyone who's concerned about the durability of the skin, my butt was frozen to an ice block after sitting in full gear for a bit, I just pulled really hard to rip myself off the block, and the skin was perfectly fine!

I'd definitely recommend this suit, I actually didn't want to get out of it at the end of the day, I just kept it on until it was time to go home. If you're not wearing undergarments, it feels similar to a wetsuit, with undies - it's like wearing big comfy jammies!

If anyone has any questions about the suit or anything - let me know!

Thanks for the post! Yes, I had to order small neck and wrist seals. I have very small wrists and my neck is apparantly smaller than average. Thanks again...I get mine this Saturday!

Great news Ladies! Whites has just released the Fusion FIT - the first Fusion to use a skin anatomically designed just for Women.

Already have a Fusion? No worries, the Fusion FIT skin can attach directly to your existing DryCORE!

For more information visit:
*Sport Diving - Fusion Fit Drysuit - Whites Diving

Justin, now that you have released both the FIT and ESSENCE for woman and the ONE for men (unisex), all with new great designs and gator tech protection on the knees, it would be great if you replaced or updated your mid-level TECH, to include Gator tech and a new design (perhaps just not as flashy as current TECH with the tribal design). I love the combination of neoprene and lycra for optimal flexibility and durability of the TECH, but not the design ;-)

thanks
Asger

Seriously! When I bought my Bullet this year, part of the decision is that it's a little more "business casual" vs the Tech's "wifebeater and flat-brim cap" style :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom