Introduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Garfish,

Today I've spent some time reading the different threads. It's nice to see that we all can communicate in a civilised manner with each other. However if you feel the need for some discussions in Dutch you must visit http:// www. prikbord.nl . There is a lot of nice information and some good discussions on this site but unfortunatly also a lot of b.s. discussions.

Anyway thanks for welcoming me.

Keep Wet
JPM

Zeina once bubbled...
...from France, well, from Philadelphia... :jester:

I am French, and will be in Philly for a couple of years.

How's the diving in the Netherlands?

I presume dry suit is the way to go :D

Cheers

Zeina

The diving is generally okay. In the Southwest of the country, close to the Belgium border we have two places called Oosterschelde and Grevelingen (Don't try to pronounce it) wich are really nice places for diving. We have lots of different Marine and plant life in these waters and if you are lucky with the visibility the diving here is really enjoyable. Furthermore you can do some serious wreckdiving in the Northsea and also fresh water diving in the different fresh water lakes we have. So we are a tiny country but with a lot of water in it. Divers from Belgium, Germany and England visit our country regurlarly.
However a big part of the year its rainy and cold here and indeed I dive with a drysuit most of the year. In the summer it's okay to dive in a 7 or 8 mm wetsuit but beware of the thermoclines. My wife dives the whole year in a dry suit (and she even comes from Sweden!!)

Keep wet
JPM

Welcome to the board Jean-Paul:)

Hi Jean-Paul:

Thanks for the website info. I'll check it out sometime soon & know that i will enjoy seeing what divers from your part of world discuss about diving. I'm also glad that you brought this site to our attention because i was not aware of it.
As for b.s. discussions, I also like to shoot the bull also...lol

I seen one of your other post about "why you like diving",
and thought you hit the nail right on the head. That's what diving is all about....

Have you ever done any diving in the usa paul?

Safe diving to you::thumb:

Garfish once bubbled...
Hi Jean-Paul:

Thanks for the website info. I'll check it out sometime soon & know that i will enjoy seeing what divers from your part of world discuss about diving. I'm also glad that you brought this site to our attention because i was not aware of it.
As for b.s. discussions, I also like to shoot the bull also...lol

I seen one of your other post about "why you like diving",
and thought you hit the nail right on the head. That's what diving is all about....

Have you ever done any diving in the usa paul?

Safe diving to you::thumb:

Sorry Garfish I haven't

My Brother Michael has been diving in the Keys a few times when he was there for business and he was enthousiastic about it.
For me> nearest I came to diving the USA was Mexico, the Dutch Antillies ( Curacao and Saba ),Venezuela and the Dominican Republic.
Most of my diving I did working in Thailand, Israel, Egypt, Greece and Holland.

Keep wet
JPM

P.s. If you like check out our website at easydiving.nl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom