Invasion of the Spider Crabs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps they are "crab people". Anyone see the episode on South Park? They want to take over the world.

scubaren:
Perhaps they are "crab people". Anyone see the episode on South Park? They want to take over the world.
Looks like the Crab People have decided to take over Austrailia... I wouldnt be surprised if give it a week and next news story we heard isnt "Crab people have taken control of Austrailia.... taste like crab, look like people.. "

ScubaMarine:
The crab movie may have been "Attack of the Crab Monsters" 1957 although I don't recall giant crabs just footage of thousand of crabs moving slowly and un-aggresively over land, meanwhile people run in horror and die when they trip and the crabs devour their body before they can get up. LOL I love these corny films.
Sounds Like my kind of movie. I love the old cheese fests as well. Sounds like a roger corman movie. (After research it is a corman movie, imagine that.. :) I'll have to look out for this one to add to my collection. It would go well right next to the 1959 classic "Attack of the Giant Leeches".

Matt

I think the land crab footage you're referring to would be the red land crabs from Christmas Island (an Australian territory, but smack out in the middle of the Indian Ocean). Do a google on them. Interestingly they're currently under threat of being wiped out by an african ant species which recently found it's way to the island.

I don't believe the spider crabs in the aggregation in Port Phillip Bay are edible, but I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom