Invasive species in Oz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to live in Ft Laud and worked for a large computer company in Boca. I actually did my checkout dives on the Get Down, some 20+ years ago, in case you might remember that. Now living happily in Sydney (as of two months ago).

I've only been to Cairns three times so I probably should not be chiming in here - but I would agree with the liveaboard recommendation. On all three trips I did at least one day trips from Cairns - the reefs the day boats go to are heavily trafficked. The only island I know of up there is Lizard island. Great location but cost prohibitive (for me). I've done the Mike Ball 3.5 day trip twice, the second time with my wife as a non-diver. She snorkeled a few of the sites and was quite satisfied. Had the trip have been any longer she would have gotten bored. I thought it was a top notch live aboard and would gladly go again.

Good luck with your trip planning! Will you be flying FLL-LAX-SYD with AA/QA?

cheers,
Albert

Albert,
Thanks for chiming in. I live in Deerfield Beach and also used to dive with Dave Turberville and his wife Suzie on the Get Down. Who knows, we may have even been on the boat for some of the same dives!

Anyway, just in the early planning stages at this point. Looking to make this trip sometime between December of 2013 and February of 2014. Certainly appreciate all the great advise everybody has been sharing with us.

Cheers,
--Joyce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom