Ireland Trip, Where to Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm traveling to Ireland from April 10th through April 18th, 2009. This trip is mostly a land trip. I wanted to get a dive in while over there. We are landing in Dublin and then traveling south along the coast in a rental car. We will be staying in B&Bs while there.

If anyone could tell me what the diving is like over there, where to dive, and the better shops to deal. I noticed someone had mentioned "Scubawest". It this a good shop. I also noticed Waterford had a nice collection of wrecks.

I will not have any gear except my reg and comp. I will have to rent all of my gear. How is the water temp that time of year?

Thanks for any input.

Check the following list for info.:

http://www.scuba.ie/centres/index.htm

April is usually very good for visibility, with water temps around 12degsC (54F). There is a good variety of diving to be had. When you decide on a place to visit, do a search on divesites for that area. You might be pleasantly surprised.

A 7mm semi-dry suit is adequate, or a drysuit if you can rent one.

Check in advance if the place is open for business.

Enjoy your trip!

Seadeuce

I just spent a few days diving with Cillian and Breffni at Scubadive West beginning of September and they have a fine set-up in a great location. The offshore diving around Inis Boffin was awesome, excellent vis, lots of marine life, sheer walls, etc. The inshore stuff they do by RIB is also nice, and even their house reef shore dive has plenty of see.

Mark

Heading south, try hook head, wexford (across from waterford). Look up hook sub aqua club and try dive with them.( they have their own boat) I wouldn't suggest diving there without a local diver because the seas can be fine one minute and terrible the next.

Hi there ,water in April will be about 10degC maybe a little warmer, Scubadive west is an excellent outfit, also Oceandivers in Dublin bay, what kind of vis and temp are you used to murphdivers286,
vis in Ireland ranges, If you are in Dublin give me a call if you want a buddy.

I will be doing the same thing in May timeframe. Any must see wrecks on the west coast? Thanks for the advice!

I'm traveling to Ireland from April 10th through April 18th, 2009. This trip is mostly a land trip. I wanted to get a dive in while over there. We are landing in Dublin and then traveling south along the coast in a rental car. We will be staying in B&Bs while there

Murph - Please post a report when you get back. I'll be in Cork in July and looking to make some dives. Like you, we'll be staying in B & B so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Jeff

Hey Murph, Do you have a trip report that you can share with us.

For anyone else, I will be in enjoying some golf courses in SW Ireland the last week of June. Wednesday, June 24 is an open day for me, and I would like to make a dive if possible. Beara Diving looks like one option. Does anyone else have any suggestions. I would like to find a place within an hours drive of Killarney where I am staying for most of the trip. I will need to rent most of my equipment including a wet or dry suit but may find space for my mask and computer. My preference would be bottom time over depth and no deco over deco but I can be flexible.

Also, what kind of water temperature can I expect in June.

In advance, thanks for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom