Best land based locations with short boat rides to dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. DM is you want specific stay and dive shop reccos.
I will be in Sanur for a time before going up your way in May for 15 days [have to keep my now non diving wife happy, can't dive anymore]. Shops down there in Sanur, I don't mind the long drive North for a days diving?
I will be in Tulamben in November for only a week that trip.
Shops up there you like?

It has been a long time since I have been there.

There are reliable direct flights between Sorong and Manado, which serves Bunaken and Lembeh, which check your 10-minute boat ride box. Both airports have service to Singapore through Jakarta, so it’s reasonable to do some days on Kri and a week or more in north Sulawesi in two weeks before or after your liveaboard. Both have a range of accommodations.

Sounds like an Amed, Bali, trip to me. There are dozens of dive sites up and down the Amed-Tulamben coast. Everything from wrecks, walls, muck/macro, drift, coral reefs. There is both extensive shore diving and the boat sites are 5-20 minute rides away. Amed itself is a totally chill scene of scuba and free divers and yoga practitioners. So many delicious and cheap restos I'm putting in weight daily. DM is you want specific stay and dive shop reccos.
We are traveling to Amed for 6 nights, staying at Enak Bungalow in September.
We have our own scuba gear and are looking for your recommendation for diving company please.
Also a driver if you have a WhatsApp number, for the area. We will be coming from Lembongan (Padang Bai).

We are traveling to Amed for 6 nights, staying at Enak Bungalow in September.
We have our own scuba gear and are looking for your recommendation for diving company please.
Also a driver if you have a WhatsApp number, for the area. We will be coming from Lembongan (Padang Bai).
Lucky you...I just returned from two months diving Amed/Tulamben. Enak Bungalows is a nice place and their resto, Warung Enak, is one of the best restos in town. They have a great selection of Indonesian and Western dishes, with vegetarians well catered for. (Their pumpkin cheesecake is wicked). My preferred dive shop is right next door, Dream Divers, a small locally owned shop. Gede and Made, the owners, are great spotters and a lot of fun.

I used Wayan for my transport this time...comfortable enough car but nothing fancy. His WhatsApp +62 85792878388. If you book an Amed based taxi, the cost from Padang Bai area to Amed is 300-400k. You can also just grab a local taxi in PB for this price.

There are reliable direct flights between Sorong and Manado, which serves Bunaken and Lembeh, which check your 10-minute boat ride box. Both airports have service to Singapore through Jakarta, so it’s reasonable to do some days on Kri and a week or more in north Sulawesi in two weeks before or after your liveaboard. Both have a range of accommodations.

Lucky you...I just returned from two months diving Amed/Tulamben. Enak Bungalows is a nice place and their resto, Warung Enak, is one of the best restos in town. They have a great selection of Indonesian and Western dishes, with vegetarians well catered for. (Their pumpkin cheesecake is wicked). My preferred dive shop is right next door, Dream Divers, a small locally owned shop. Gede and Made, the owners, are great spotters and a lot of fun.

I used Wayan for my transport this time...comfortable enough car but nothing fancy. His WhatsApp +62 85792878388. If you book an Amed based taxi, the cost from Padang Bai area to Amed is 300-400k. You can also just grab a local taxi in PB for this price.
Awesome, thank you! So lucky --2 months!! Did you have a favorite topside day trip in the area?

Diving is life...no other activities. You can mountain hike behind Enak to either Blue Earth Village (yoga and food and views) or Bunaten. Do check out Jolie Best View resto for sunrise/sunset eats/views or Sunset Beach Club for a chill afternoon or sunset pool party 🥳

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom