Irvine resigns thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genesis once bubbled...
Counselor, you win your case with a zero dollar award. Send your (very large) bill to your (now very pissed-off) client. Oh, Mr. Client, the bar's complaint department may be found at 222-555-1212 if you think this was a stupid thing for your counsel to advise you to undertake and you'd like to commence an action to revoke counsel's bar card.

Genny, it depends on the facts. Some clients are willing to shut down their opposition even if it doesn't mean a money recovery. However, as cited above, statutory damages would be available in this case if the registration was filed in accordance with 17 U.S.C. s. 412. Collection might be an issue, but you know that going in.

On a dive related note, have you been on the wreck of the
Giga-bites yet? I hear its a great wreck.

Genny, it depends on the facts. Some clients are willing to shut down their opposition even if it doesn't mean a money recovery.

....folks are willing to yank your client's chain and force him to pay a lot of money in fees and costs, while expending few if any of their own, knowing good damn and well that you can certainly win in the end but you won't get a penny from them, as the law doesn't provide for what you're seeking.

In other words, they are more than willing to just piss your client off, and make sure that at the end your client knows good and well that your failure to advise them that their chain was being yanked is the reason they have a $100,000 lawyer bill on their desk and nothing to offset it with.

I used to love people making threats like that. They were fantastic amusement and their nasty letters and phone calls make for great office humor. Nothing like being the brunt of the Monday morning staff meeting joke fest, eh?

But if you get your (fees) its all ok, right? :wink:

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...

All this from our resident 14 year law student.

Call me when you've passed a bar.

I'm not studying to be a lawyer; I'll never take the bar. Law's required for my MBA.

Lawyers practice law... That is, they make a living out of twisting the intent of the law and finding loopholes so as to prove that they are right... 'Cause nothing's more important to them. You'd make a good one if you'd get off your computer. :)

MBA's are worried about more practical matters... Like reality, for example. I'm still waiting for my lawsuit. :wink:

SeaJay once bubbled...

I'm not studying to be a lawyer; I'll never take the bar. Law's required for my MBA.

Lawyers practice law... That is, they make a living out of twisting the intent of the law and finding loopholes so as to prove that they are right... 'Cause nothing's more important to them. You'd make a good one if you'd get off your computer. :)

MBA's are worried about more practical matters... Like reality, for example. I'm still waiting for my lawsuit. :wink:

First, your quotations are wrong.

Second, you shouldn't lie about being in law school. It creates credibility issues for you that you really don't need.

Genesis, you must remember that, under the plain language of 17 U.S.C. s. 412, you are incorrect.

Collection would be the only issue in the case. So, seriously, go dive the wreck of the Giga-bytes and relax.

Have a great night.

Let's see. According to U.S. News, UConn is tied for 40th in the country. University of South Carolina is 78th. And you haven't even managed to graduate.

...You mean this time, or before? Where's Rutgers fall in that U.S. News poll? U of A?

...And ranking of "number of beer bongs inhaled" doesn't count anyway. :D

PM me with contact information. If I have time, I may call you.

Ha! I think you missed the point.

I'll call you at the University. I'd like to verify that you work there and that you are who you say you are. You calling me would defeat the purpose of the call.

SeaJay once bubbled...
I'll call you at the University. I'd like to verify that you work there and that you are who you say you are. You calling me would defeat the purpose of the call.

Adjunct, sweetheart, look it up. That means that I maintain a full time practice while teaching.

First, your quotations are wrong.

...Sorry, they're not. I cut-n-pasted. They've not been edited. They're correct.

Second, you shouldn't lie about being in law school.

I never told you I was in law school. I told you (jeez, do I have to do this again?) that I was studying law. Later I told you that it was en route to my MBA. Who said I was in law school? I'm at a public university, taking some prerequisite law courses that are necessary for my degrees.

Have a great night.

You too. Enjoyed it. Lol...

Adjunct, sweetheart, look it up. That means that I maintain a full time practice while teaching.

Yes, I know, darling. :) ...So when are you in the office? Or are U Conn adjuncts not good enough to have their own offices?

You know, from the time stamps on your posts today it doesn't appear that you have anything "full time."

SeaJay once bubbled...

Yes, I know, darling. :) ...So when are you in the office? Or are U Conn adjuncts not good enough to have their own offices?

You know, from the time stamps on your posts today it doesn't appear that you have anything "full time."

Whatever. I see little reason trying to teach a pig to sing. Especially when the pig probably stole the song off the Net.

Hahahahaaaaaa!!!

Gen, I think that loud barking we've been hearing just went to a whine...

Good night, NEWrecks. I've enjoyed today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom