Is 21 years old to old to start diving. I have been certified for 2 years but no div

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter:
That's funny! I never noticed that there is a man's face in the upper left corner of Mania's avatar. Looks like it's probably a painting.

Christian

Hmmm, in my life lately all i have left are paintings but not - this is not a painting :11ztongue . The guy was simply sitting behind me in the studio. But to be honest I too haven't notice him :wink:
Mania

OW certified in 1989 at age 28. DM 1990 at 29. OWSI 2004 at 42.

It's not the years, it's the miles.

You're only as old as you let yourself be. My daughters say I'm 42 going on 12. My wife agrees and shakes her head.

21 Is Old??? I Will Sit Down And Wait To Die

Save your original post in an envelope, write on it "do not open until age 30" when you open it, it will probably brighten up your mood. I just got certified at 34, and my dive buddy was 38. We had 3 people in class over 40!!!

chris hecker:
Save your original post in an envelope, write on it "do not open until age 30" when you open it, it will probably brighten up your mood. I just got certified at 34, and my dive buddy was 38. We had 3 people in class over 40!!!
At 30 it will brighten up your mood. At 40 you will begin to laugh uncontrollably. Since 50 is "the new 40", you could laugh again. Then don't open it at 60, you could have a heart attack from all of the excitement. :D

Christian

scubaman222:
I live in canada but thatnks for the offer. I looked at the minnimum ageand assumed it was a starting date. I thank you guys for answering my question at the same time I appoligise because it was a stupid one at that. Thank you

as a fellow Cdn we're used to stupid questions are we...do you live in an iglo...does it always snow there.

The answer is no. And no you're never too old to start....fill out your personal information and you'll find alot of divers in your area who'd love to help you out.

Being 60 is just turning 40 with 20 years of experience...heck you could probably do your midlife crisis much better with all that extra experience...as mania said...young chicks and fun diving :)

And no, we dont grow up, we just grow wider.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom