"Is a BP/W too confusing for new divers?" and related topics...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terry Gilliam: Only your King can dive side mount...
Michael Palin: Oh, there we go! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!
Is there anything to do because Terry Gilliam is from USA?
Always look at the bright side of life!

My King? I didn't vote for you!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

die+another+day+q+john+cleese.jpg

A full blown BC with padding that gives + buoyance at surface, so diver need to carry more weight to sink the BC. Then soft material compressed by depth makes the diver even more over weighted. I think it is more dangerous this way.
I do remember that back in the 80's,a Dacor B.C. that had 6 lbs of lift when it was not inflated. We were trying to figure out if it was the B.C. or the women's new augmentation that caused her buoyancy!

The new Scubapro Jacket B.C.'s are neg., do not compress and do not have that problem.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by chrpai
Don't be so sensitive people. It looks really good. It just doesn't look perfect. Dive 5... I get it. But if we get so sensitive that we can't say anything then it's a slippery slope back to oveweighted divers on their knees.

Perfection doesn't exist. I'd like to see a video. We all look neutral in stills :wink:

I for one lack all sensitivity when it comes to feedback. I do favour one taking responsibility for their expressions, as critical or detailed as they may appear to others.

'looking perfect', well, I suggest those who feel grading the photos of newbie diver trim in some manner or form contributes and adds value on a scuba forum post provide a standard by which they are using to downgrade others. I welcome photos of self-appointed experts demonstrating their "perfect" trim, or a video or two. Perhaps we can all record our trim and have it analysed so as to avoid the logical fallacy of "slippery slopes".

Awaiting examples of perfect trim...

Actually, one of the main advantages of a BP/W is that you don't change what works well when you go from singles to doubles. All you change is the wing. All of the personalized, optimized details of the rig stay the same.

It depends. When I go from singles to doubles I go from a hog rig to a sidemount rig. One's DSS, the other's a Dive Rite Nomad.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Awaiting examples of perfect trim...

Go find just about any picture of Bob Sherwood . . .

Reactions: RJP
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom