Is a deep 6 signature series 1st&2nd stage capable of diving at 150ft+/45M+ in 30F/-1C with comfort in breathing/ease of inhalation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beginning with the end in mind is always a good thing when it comes to scuba purchases but there are only a handful of people truly qualified to dive to 150f in 30F water, probably an order of magnitude more to dive in 37f, but we are still talking about a couple of hundred divers worldwide that are truly qualified to do that safely. This is not to discourage you from doing it, it's just that those are considered very extreme conditions and even 150ft/37f is considered an extreme condition.

The Deep6 regulators are top of the line in terms of design and build quality and also offer the lowest total cost of ownership on the market if you take their repair course, I've bought several sets of them and they've certainly seen some things over the last 6-7 years and I would not hesitate to take them on any dive that I am personally willing to go on, which certainly includes 150ft/37f diving, albeit I better have my heated vest for deco....
Yes 150ft deep 30F water, the regulator choice is the toward the bottom of the concern. I went to ice land for diving once. maybe 35F water, I even use a piston reg, it did completely OK. But of course I didn't go to 150ft. 35F water is unbelievably cold. Drysuit, 440g thinsulate and heated vest, I was still cold, couldn't last 40 minutes. It takes a strong commitment to keep diving at that temperature.

Someone above, I think Jim Lap motioned, don't buy anything other then the necessary items for open water class. Shop should provide reg, BC, suit. Get throught the class, then starting thinking buying. And honestly, I don't even think reg is the first piece of gear to buy. At 3xF cold water, I would say buy a proper suit first. No reason to spend on a shiny new reg while shivering cold.

No one in the shops knew about deep 6. And as much as divers on forums give a speedy reply. It felt kind of weird for the ceo and founder to reply. Idk but I trust big brand names and reputation. I opted for the MBS instead. To get the control I need.

You are welcome to “trust” the big firm of Aqualung for its simple virtue of being big. Except they just recently went bankrupt and going to a private equity holder to likely be dissected and spun off.

I’m guessing the dive shop had no knowledge of that either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom