Is a short trip worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi! I've done a few 3 night trips in the past. If you can get in early enough you can dive in the afternoon on the day you arrive. I'd say you would have to arrive by 11:00AM or so to make the afternoon dive boats. They generally leave the dock around 1:00PM. On the second and third days of diving you can do a couple of morning dives and still get in about 24 hours before you have to depart for home. So, all in all you could easily get in 6-8 dives in a short trip like that, and I would still consider that worth your time and money. However, like other posters have stated, you will want to stay longer.

Good luck,

Michael :)

If you can't hit the afternoon boat, check for ops who do twilight or a twilight/night combo. No sense missing an opportunity...
Which reminds me... Christi??? We'll be in at 4pm Saturday!
I think dumping the bags and grabbing the gear is what it's all about.
See you on the reef!
Craig-

ckofabq:
If you can't hit the afternoon boat, check for ops who do twilight or a twilight/night combo. No sense missing an opportunity...
Which reminds me... Christi??? We'll be in at 4pm Saturday!
I think dumping the bags and grabbing the gear is what it's all about.
See you on the reef!
Craig-

You guys have a great time!! Sorry I couldn't join ya.

It takes us about 9 hours to get there from Pasco, WA. If the flight got us there mid day, I'd party a little that night, dive the next two days, party alot on the last night and go home the next day. If it was cheap enough,tthe flights were just right, etc. Otherwise I'd save for a long relaxing trip, like the one we're taking in January.

jpomerantz:
You guys have a great time!! Sorry I couldn't join ya.

You're not too late Jay! We can always get that 4th room unlocked...
Be well.
See you on the next trip.

ckofabq:
You're not too late Jay! We can always get that 4th room unlocked...
Be well.
See you on the next trip.

Not sure they would appreciate it at work. :( Guess I'll have to wait until the end of January.

jpomerantz:
Not sure they would appreciate it at work. :( Guess I'll have to wait until the end of January.

Hmmm. January. I guess after getting home on the 12th, I could wait again 'till January.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom