Is it possible to do Coz on the cheaper side around Christmas time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I would love to come to Coz over the Christmas Vacation but am blown away by the price of the flights and to a lesser degree the hotels around Christmas time. To some degree it almost borders on price gouging LOL. Typically I have been able to travel from Newark and stay at Casa Mexicana for around 2500 with a family of four and two rooms. The same trip in the week between Christmas and New Year is priced at almost $5000 with the bulk goingto the airfare. Are there any secrets to better pricing or is it going to be a choice between pay or dont travel. Will the airfare drop closer to the time or just continue to go up?

Thanks

Craig

While no-one has a crystal ball it is safe to say that traveling during one of the most traveling weeks of the year is going to be expensive. You are pretty much on pay or stay term.

I guess it really depends we're your staying. Prices on all inclusives are definitely more expensive however you can still get a decent price on a hotel downtown. Airfare will definitely be a bit more expensive around the holidays but sometimes if you can space out your trip so that you leave/arrive on odd days say Tuesday/Wednesday you can find cheaper flights.

Might make sense to book Christmas vacation early to make sure there are flights availabe.

I was in Cozumel last year for Christmas and stayed downtown for the same price I would usually pay.

also am traveling that week, and, yes it is much higher. I got one of the only condos at El cantil that did not raise their prices for the holiday. Airfare has come down some for departure of 20-21 and return 28-30, december 2010.

I have stayed in town over Christmas (last minute trips) a few times. If you are willing to forego luxary, both El Marques and Costa Brava were around $40/night.

Sorry High Season....... Now you can come and stay CHEAP some hotels are down to 5 per cent occupancy
Christmas not so much, busiest time of the year

Christmas week is THE busiest week on the island, hotel and travel wise. Many hotels and condos are sold out months in advance. Of course a terrible economy might change that this year.

Investigate flying on Christmas Day.

Last year flying on Christmas Day was a much cheaper option but this year it was still expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom