Is it really worth the risk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

its a live list that DL appear to edit as more evidence about incidents comes to light

Know what else is live? Some of the divers previously listed as fatalities on the DL list. Did they ever weed those out?

Go back to RBW - at least the audience there knows how to treat you right.

Yeah he's banned there...

I was wondering why it had been so quiet, rational, and lacking in linked PDFs over there lately.

So,... what do you consider the "good reason" to have one?

To easily be able to do something that has become very hard with OC.

Since most divers wont be getting below 130 feet,, or going past the No deco limits, to me it is only a fancy toy with geek appeal for most divers.

To easily be able to do something that has become very hard with OC.

Since most divers wont be getting below 130 feet,, or going past the No deco limits, to me it is only a fancy toy with geek appeal for most divers.

I see. Understandable. My ultimate goal is to increase bottom time in the caves, not necessarily so much an increase in distance, though it is a possibility. I'm leaving where I go with my diving, open. I will say that learning to dive a CCR has made me a much more rounded diver, since it is so different on many facets.

Mr. Horn what is the goal here? Would you like to ban rebreathers all together? What caused you to seemingly hate them so much?

Just curious!!

He's hocking a vaporware CCR that's supposedly uber-safe.

Mr. Horn what is the goal here? Would you like to ban rebreathers all together? What caused you to seemingly hate them so much?

Just curious!!

Mr. Horn has no desire to ban rebreathers. He just wants to take any opportunity to point out the benefits of the rebreather he is associated with and the numerous deadly faults of every other rebreather. This constant harping of his gets old very quickly.

Brad is correct that the DL list is the most comprehensive list of deaths and incidents. But it is loaded with suppositions about causes rather than facts, and some of the cases are downright incorrect, like a death on OC being blamed on a CCR that was not even there. So take the list for whatever value it has as far as numbers but use your brain when it comes to analysis.

As for me, I dive OC at the aquarium where I volunteer every other week. I can't remember doing a single OC dive other than that in at least 5 years, regardless of depth or deco. And the one I remember that far back was only because my rebreather was being serviced at the time. Now I have 4 of them, so that won't happen again. I just prefer CCR or SCR to open circuit diving.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom