Is it safe to take acetaminophen or a Nsaid after diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I know there is no risk about diving with ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, diclofenac and paracetamol. These painkillers are used quite a lot.

It seems that if you want to use a painkiller to prevent dcs, you can take aspirin. But also that is not completely known, and some people state it is a bloodthinner, that increases risk of bleeding. I met a diver in 2012 who took for every day decompressiondiving 2 aspirins to prevent dcs, he absolutly believed in this. I never tried.
thanks, not looking to take it for preventing any possible dcs but it is definitely very interesting that the diver you met had this belief. Was he a rec guy or commercial diver?

thanks, not looking to take it for preventing any possible dcs but it is definitely very interesting that the diver you met had this belief. Was he a rec guy or commercial diver?
It was a technical diver. He believed that no single deepstop was needed (12 years ago when vpm-b was really popular with deepstops) and that aspirin helped him to prevent dcs. And as far as I know, he wasn't bent till now, so yes, it worked for him. At least between his ears :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom