Is it worth going to Ambergris for the day from a cruise ship?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the report. Glad it worked out.

Ditto that.

Boy, I would have been bummed if I were the guy who jumped over to AC only to be told the dive was cancelled.

I get emails from divers on cruise ships that want to dive with us on Ambergris Caye daily. I always refer them to Sea Sports Belize. They are a 5 star shop in the Belize city port where the tender puts in and they take divers to gorgeous sites on the barrier reef.
So many divers have a serious misconception about flying and diving. This might be a good place to post this. Typically they say 'We'll fly out on the little plane it doesn't go very high". With out going into a big physics explanation let me explain it like this, think of your diving depths and how the biggest pressure changes are in the first 33 feet and the difference between 99 feet and 132 feet are minimal. OK now turn that upside down and think of how the heaviest air is at the lowest altitude. See how the little plane can be a big problem now? They routinely hit 3000 feet between Ambergris Caye/San Pedro and Belize City and that's enough to make you ill and have you vacation spoiled big time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom