Is prepaying hotel the norm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I rarely pre-paid hotel in Philippines except during Chinese New Year, Christmas and Easter. There are so many places to chose in PG unless you are determined to stay in certain places.
Try Angelyn, Frontier and South Sea.

I usually pre-pay when I am booking hotels and dives in the Philippines. I usually only stay at resorts that are a dive and hotel operator all in one. I use the pre pay option to negotiate a better rate and bundle hotel and dives together. It has worked well for me so far. I also do a ton of research here and trip advisor to make sure the operation I am using has a good reputation.
I would be a little skeptical of any operation that demands a full pre pay though, especially if they are asking for it via western union.

Good luck and enjoy your trip and diving in the Philippines.

I've stayed at Blue Ribbon twice. I remember pre-paying my room the first time I went there. Again, this is just to guarantee that you'll indeed show up on the day. Not a usual thing but I expect it during the high season. Maybe you can call them up and ask if you can just pay for a day or something like a deposit.

Maybe it's a thing done with tourists coming from overseas? Because I've never encountered it here (expat/resident).

Hi Andy, I have always had to pay 50% up front for all my trips to the Philippines and remainder when I finish my stay. Christmas may have something to do with the 100% though

Over Christmas this is not unusual for many resorts... in lots of locations around the world.

Back
Top Bottom