Is "the first rule of Scubaboard is that you don't talk about Scubaboard?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of my first dive buddies told me about ScubaBoard, as a result of which I met Bob Bailey and read all about DIR diving and saw my first pictures of the caves.

I tell new divers about SB, and my husband has the URL in a list of on-line resources he gives his students.

I've had a number of folks come up to me and ask me if I'm TSandM on ScubaBoard, and I readily admit it :)

Most of the discussions I've had IRL about topics on SB, though, have been with my husband.

Back when I had a life I hardly ever logged on here. So there was just no reason to ever bring it up. Even now, I'm mostly here to build an online reputation to make it easier to unload my used scuba gear :wink:

In that case, you would not be the first one, I am afraid! :no: :shakehead:

See my sig line ... the middle one ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Good point, how can I get more?
There will be discounts for multiples soon! BTW, the store isn't quite open yet. We still need to get a number of pictures put up. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
When I do "stand-ups" at Dive Shows or SCUBA Club meetings, they always list my name and then "aka RoatanMan on SCUBABoard" . Yes, it does draw folks in closer!

At Dive Shows, the SB Booth occasionally hands out SB Name Stickers and you can write your name on them and walk around. It is amazing the numbers of people who participate.

What could be better than meeting a SCUBABoarder.... CheddarChick even brought me a brick of cheese. Yumm.

The vinyl oval sticker looks good on my thermal big-boy sippy-cup mug, something I always have in tow on dive trips.

When I meet a new diver I ask if they are a SB member and recommend it to them if they aren't. I haven't met a member in person I didn't like. Most are exactly what I expected and are pretty much like their online persona. There are many I have met and many more I would like to meet.

I have met several from here on Scubaboard. All have been great people. I frequently mention this place to other divers.

I have learned a lot reading the posts. Some people's posts I pay attention to, others I may not even bother to read the whole post because I already know what they are going to say. Some of the threads make me think, some make me laugh.

In The Pub.............

Well, now that I think about it I don't really discuss what internet sites I surf with anybody (and that is probably a good thing...).

But, like Lynne, I have had a couple of people come up to me on dive boats and say: "Hey, I know you - you're Rhone Man off Scubaboard!". Sigh. Such is the price of fame.
:idk:

I'd love to say I have a different persona on SB, but sadly I am also opinionated and arrogant in the real world as well. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom