Is the Reef House Resort Legit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have emailed 3 times now and called the US phone number and left a message. This over a period of about 3 weeks. Still no reply to call or emails. Very strange.

Have emailed 3 times now and called the US phone number and left a message. This over a period of about 3 weeks. Still no reply to call or emails. Very strange.

I would think their email should be answered, I put very little faith in their or other Roatan places US numbers, often these are internet related so if internet is down would mean no email or US number, Also many landlines those with a 2445 or 2455 prefix have been down for over a month

When is your trip, and when is the rest of your payment due. Kind of ridiculous, but from what I've read they can be hit or miss at different times. May be time to cut the loses and decide to go to CocoView instead ? When i've looked at reef house the only draw to me was the lower cost, and less people. Hopefully things get squared away for you.

My wife and I were there in February and communication by either phone or email was very quick. Our understanding is the owner lives in Georgia. We understood that the owner and her son David trade going back and forth to the resort. You may have caught them in transition. We had a very good experience so I would not be super concerned in not hearing from them in a couple of days.

It's very common for the smaller places in Roatan to require payment in advance. Reef House is legit, at least the last time I checked. When are you going? I can meet you there and show you a good time, using a couple of small and very personalized dive OPs.. You wouldn't be disappointed, unless you want to spend lots of $$$ at the big AI resorts like Anthony's Key, CoCo View, etc..... I work pretty cheap..

Also, just so you know.. Reef House Resort is ways away from civilization.. It's a 30 minute taxi ride to West End, which may be okay for you since you're probably doing the all inclusive deal with Reef House. Nothing within walking distance, all for $1000 per person per week per person. There are definitely better deals to be had, unless you really want to stay in the boonies at Reef House for some reason...

Last edited:
The situation has been resolved by a phone call from the owner. The onsite people say that they were answering my emails but I never got them.

Happy to her this, you'll have a great time. I can't speak to your issues but when setting up my previous stay the phone situation there was spotty. It all worked out and I had a great week with them as usual (been there 4 or 5 times now) and I'll be going back in March (prepaid).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom