Is the water warm? Can I jump in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You said you like and have dove the Halcyon BP/w . If so just get it if you like it. Worry about what BC to use with students later when you become and instructer , chances are you get a smoking deal on a cheapy thru your LDS or youll just use the BP/w

Shiver:
Hi there. Have been meaning to register for some time and finally gotten around to it. Bit nervous about posting first time, so please be gentle with me!

By the way, just wondered if anyone could help me out with a query. I'm about to buy a new BCD and am loathe to make another expensive mistake. I've been mostly diving with a Tigullio TS2 Hover and really don't like it coz it's so heavy and bulky (creating a drag when surface swimming and in my luggage :wink: ). I've tried a couple of simpler ScubaPro jackets and felt much more free inwater, but these weren't specifically designed for women (which is what I'd like now). I've also tried out a Halcyon, which I thought was great but think it might cause some problems if I progress to instructor, as I'm hoping to do eventually, due to having quite a different kit design from that used by most students where I've been working.

Welcome Shiver... You mentioned a ScubaPro jacket style that is not designed for women, you also have had problems with bulky BCs. You might want to take a look at the ScubaPro Ladyhawk, especially if you have a SP dealer who can get one for you to try. This is a female version of the Knighthawk that I dive. It is a back inflate type and definitely does not have that bulky, restrictive feeling that the jacket styles have.
http://www.scubapro.com/products/bcs/ladyhawk/ladyhawk.asp
I love my Knighthawk, it is a well built BC that is going strong showing no signs of wear after 150 dives.

Take Care,

Howdy and Weclome to SB!
action-smiley-030.gif

Good to have you join us. PM me from the link below if I can help you find your way.

Browse our forums and check them out. :thumb:

medium-smiley-051.gif
don

smiley-linie-004.gif

Hi Shiver,

Welcome to the Board!
I second what DiveMe wrote - Zeagle Zena and Scubatoys. My Dive Buddy got her's from Larry and she loves it. After 100 dives, she would not part with it.

My wife bought a Zeagle Zena last year and loves it. The fit is excellent and quality is top notch. Larry at Scubatoys will take care of you! Good luck.

A (belated) thanks for the welcome and advice everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom